Applying for Tasmania State Sponsorship - Strong Interest from Employer

Guest canadiantooz

Guest canadiantooz

Hi Everyone,

I am just wondering if someone have received strong interest from Tasmanian employer and have applied for state sponsorship for 176 visa.

I got a feedback from one of Tasmanian employers that they can't offer me job I being offshore but once I would be in Tassie they would be happy to talk to me. I am not sure whether this falls under strong interest.

Thanks for sharing and help!

Guest siamsusie
Hi Everyone,

I am just wondering if someone have received strong interest from Tasmanian employer and have applied for state sponsorship for 176 visa.

I got a feedback from one of Tasmanian employers that they can't offer me job I being offshore but once I would be in Tassie they would be happy to talk to me. I am not sure whether this falls under strong interest.

Thanks for sharing and help!

Hi Canadian Tooz,

Kellyjamie has applied for Tasmanian State Sponsorship 176 I think, I am not up on these visas at all, but it might well be worth your while Pm'ing her.

Best wishes:wubclub: Susie

• 2 months later...

i think you need a letter from the company indacating thier interest in you, we have just got state spons from tas without this as we could show that we has visited tas before done some research into work etc it only took a week from filling out the form untill we had state sponsorship

We got a 176 visa on a Tasmanian sponsorship.

An employer doesn't have to do a thing, not even hire you.

They just have to do an interview on the phone with the Tasmanian sponsorship department.

If they have the intention to hire or interview you when you have your visa, that's enough.

And they're asked when they don't what to hire you, what your options are to get a job in Tasmania.

We found an employer who wanted to do that, just by sending emails with the question if there's any change they want to interview us when we arrive.

Later we asked if they wanted to state that to the department.

We know we got lucky, but it's doable.

Sorry for my English, it has been a short night.... :laugh: