1) Affordable

2) Close to local amenities

3)Quiet

4)Up and coming

5) Good transport links and not too far from beach

Bad

1) Some houses not as well kept as others

2) Used to have a bad rep

3) Local schools supposedly not so good (mine go to schools in next suburb)

4) Long drive if you want to go South of the river

5) 20 mins from beach

BALDIVIS WA .

Good...

1, nice schools . Primary's and a private .

2, nr beach ( 8 mins in car )

3, nice feel as more of a country feel ( not yet a subburb within a subburb )

4, great parks everywhere ..and quiet , cricket matches at the oval .( if you like )

5, lots to do near the area .. rockingham beach , mandurah , perth not to far ,

shopping in Mandurah 15-20 mins .. Rockingham same .. gateways ( cockburn ) same

&, next to the freeway .

Bad ...

1, at present its grand but not sure how big it will get eventually , still classed as a country area... for now !

2, they are still building ..

3, Not enough shops for some .. but we like that ..

Oh and there are kangeroos down the end of our rd !

and winery's :wink:http://www.exploroz.com/Places/62088/WA/Baldivis.aspx

beuamaris [ oceanreef ]

good

1 fairly quiet

2 couldnt get much closer to the beach

3great access to the freeway to get me any where

4 central to the shops [ local 2 mins away , whitfords / joondalup few mins in the car

5 good public transport near to train station [ this is more for the kids !

6 close to the hospital [ always handy

bad

1 lots of teenagers here and problems that go with it occasionally

2joondlalup shire , filled with little hitlers !!! especially if you need permission for any thing

3 not enough lights in parks at night , hence problem 1

4 if you need to go down prinderville drive you can never get through at school drop off and pick up times because of all the 4 wheel drives , do they actually use these monster cars to go country driving ?and the two catholic schools primary and senior school opposite each other !@#$%^

5 i think the above is about it

Ball Bay, Mackay, Qld...

1, Paradise

2, no shops, ergo, no litter

3, good nexties

4, close to pristine beach

5, 45 minutes commute

6, tropical

7, gorgeous wildlife

8, never too cold

9, never too hot

10, good fishing...

Bad...er...um...

Cheers, Bobj.

Leeming

1. Good Location (20 mins from loads of places)

2. Excellent transport

3. larger blocks

4. Good Schools

5. Low crime rate

Bad:

1. Older suburb (not everyones cup of tea )

2. err I'm stuck now

DITTO THIS POST .. having lived here for a year , its lovely ! perfect location ..:yes:

Quinns Rocks

GOOD

1, IMO located on one of the best beaches in Perth

2, close to Joondalup and Clarkson shopping centres

3, Close to Mindarie marina and Yanchep national park

4, My Kids go to a very good primary school

5, Loads of parks and green areas to play

BAD

1, Getting to the freeway in rush hour is a nightmare

2, 40 mins from Perth

3, Houses are overpriced

4, looooong drive if you want to head south for a day out

5, Doesn't seem to be as many job opportunities up north.... O/H job is in Canning Vale and can take up 1hr and 40 mins each way a day....

Wendyx

Brides, Which city are you looking at ?

Have you got a shortlist of possible suburbs.

Hi Parleycross,

we are lucky we are free to move anywhere wellin WA anyhow , depending on Oh jobs we don't mind if he has to work away alot of the time ( lol that does sound awful doesnt it ) .

We adore WA and would fit into anywhere except major city :eek: scares the pants off me .

I suppose the points we have wrote down is .

1 . we don't mind not having a beach on our doorstep

2. we don't like houses being crammed together

3. A place where we can do long walks/hiking ( we are a walking family )

4. we don't mind old houses ( actually we love them )

5, sounds really awful and we don't mean anything by it :biglaugh: but we don't want to. move to oz and end up in little britain ( if you know what i mean )

possibly an hr out of main cbd we don't mind , we have said maybe we draw a circle on a map an hour outside of cbd and see where that takes us .

Hope you understand what we mean

Brides x

why not look at kalamunda in the hills big blocks nice walks lots of trees older suburb , but not to far away from things if you want them

or further up the hills like darlington , or mundaring again bigger blocks lots of trees

or theres chittering bit way out for me but some like it

for older charecter houses i like guildford , there are some beautiful older houses nearer perth in churchlands wembley etc but hardly affordable , guildford was one of the first perth settlements in the late 1800s and has a bit of charecter about it , further a field what about tooday again an older settlement bit of a hike but lovely at certain times of the year

why not look at kalamunda in the hills big blocks nice walks lots of trees older suburb , but not to far away from things if you want them

or further up the hills like darlington , or mundaring again bigger blocks lots of trees

or theres chittering bit way out for me but some like it

for older charecter houses i like guildford , there are some beautiful older houses nearer perth in churchlands wembley etc but hardly affordable , guildford was one of the first perth settlements in the late 1800s and has a bit of charecter about it , further a field what about tooday again an older settlement bit of a hike but lovely at certain times of the year

Thankyou Moirclan , these areas are lovely !

Bridey , i used to live in kalamunda , Lesmurdie , Walliston, Bickley are all lovely though Kalamunda it 's self has a center with a huge park lots of high street (style) shops , backs onto th bush and the orchards .. its lovely has a nice community and schools are good too..Sunday and saturday markets once a month and farmers ones as well , concerts in the park ...

I loved it , but my we liked the beach and he wanted to be nearer that .

Butler, NOR

Good.

1. Affordable, new (or relatively new) housing

2. Our house 1 min drive, 15 mins walk from outstanding local beach. Plenty of other beaches minutes in the car; Quinns, Yanchep, Mindarie etc. all fantastic

3. Big park & pond at bottom of road with a good few free events per year; pub 6 mins walk from house, as are local shops (bottleshop, chippy, pizza, brumbys, Coles, banks)

4. Plenty of other parks, pitches, nets, play-areas etc. great area for kids

5. Near to Ocean Keys shopping, Clarkson station, Freeway (& new Ocean Keys sized shopping centre being built in Butler as is train station due 2013)

Bad.

1. Takes absolutely ages to get anywhere other than stated above in the car from this far out. City is an hour each way (at least) weekdays. Need to leave the house early, took me 35 minutes to get to the Freeway at Burns Beach once leaving whilst the school run was on

2. Windy (suppose can be good or bad, does provide relief a fair bit); the wind can even make summer nights quite chilly. Drive round Quinns and check out how many times a year people with Ocean-view balcos actually use them; about 3 times a year is the answer due to the wind. Bear this in mind when paying through the nose for a house with a view

3. Can’t really think of anything else. Guess the remoteness is the main thing. We live here due to having loads of rellies in the area, would be no point living anywhere else. Not sure I would live here if we didn’t have to, would like to live closer in. Mind you, we probably wouldn’t be able to afford to and have the house, pool, beach access etc. that we have here. Guess it’s a trade-off. I did have an hour a day there / hour a day back commute in the UK so no real difference I suppose

Mosman/Neutral Bay, sydney

Great restaurants,

Great views,

3 supermarkets

Quiet,

Not much crime,

Full off pretentious a$$ holes driving x5 bmws and those stupid porsche off roaders

Traffic on Military road

Expensive

The fact its in sydney

No Beach.

Archived