Very frustrated and getting nowhere

Guest craigkimbo

Guest craigkimbo

Hi all

I have been in OZ for nearly 2 years, i have decided to stay and im trying to get back into carpentry again. I completed a Carpentry apprenticeship in the UK and have a NVQ II qualification in site carpentry and 5 years experience. I have been trying for some time now to get my qualifications australian recognized but getting nowhere, the info i get basically says i need to complete another apprenticeship to gain the equivalent:no:, there has to be an easier way surly. Any Help would very much appreciated. Thank you

Guest craigkimbo

Yes after looking into alot more and lots of phone calls it looks like thats the only option. Its not easy though but will be worth it im sure. Thanks for your help.

• 4 weeks later...
Guest craigkimbo

After getting references sent from the UK pictures and writing up my work experience. They have told me today that if i get recognized for the full qualification it would cost me 14500 dollars and it would be extra for every hours training i require. I feel like im in front of another Australian brick wall.