Carpentry Work

JuliePaul

Hi All

My husband and I are moving to the Sunshine Coast at the beginning of February 2011, we were just wondering if anyone has had much luck securing work farily quickly over there?

Ideally, we want to get work asap and start settling in to the Australian way of life!!

Hubby is a Carpenter by trade and has over 10 years experience, he has already got his White Card so could start fairly soon after we arrive, there doesnt appear to be a great deal on job search sites..........? Would be willing to travel a reasonable amount of distance!

Does anyone know of any companies who might be interested in speaking with him etc before we arrive..? :wubclub:

Thanks Guys x

I'm a carpenter/joiner going to adelaide in 2011, when I was looking at Perth couldn't find any work listed on job sites. On good note though my wrk mate moved out in aug and had two Job offers in a wk. So I don't think you're hubby will be looking for long. Tell youre hubby to register on seek.au should put you're mind at ease.

Dean- joiner, S.a sponsored awaiting smp.

Hi All

My husband and I are moving to the Sunshine Coast at the beginning of February 2011, we were just wondering if anyone has had much luck securing work farily quickly over there?

Ideally, we want to get work asap and start settling in to the Australian way of life!!

Hubby is a Carpenter by trade and has over 10 years experience, he has already got his White Card so could start fairly soon after we arrive, there doesnt appear to be a great deal on job search sites..........? Would be willing to travel a reasonable amount of distance!

Does anyone know of any companies who might be interested in speaking with him etc before we arrive..? :wubclub:

Thanks Guys x

Dont want to put you on a downer,but IF there is an area that "seems" to be struggling for work it seems to be the east coast,sunshine coast areas,thats how it seems reading some posts on here to me.

Werent the aussie gvnmt supposed to be thinking of some kind of incentive scheme for employers to employ workers from the east coast?or giving an allowance to workers from the east coast to move west? cant remember exactly tbh,but there was something on here about it.

"WORKINGTOFISH"(eddie) would know better,might be worth sending him a PM,he's actually there,im just going on bits ive read on here thats all,hopefully im wrong tho!

I'm a carpenter/joiner going to adelaide in 2011, when I was looking at Perth couldn't find any work listed on job sites. On good note though my wrk mate moved out in aug and had two Job offers in a wk. So I don't think you're hubby will be looking for long. Tell youre hubby to register on seek.au should put you're mind at ease.

Dean- joiner, S.a sponsored awaiting smp.

Cheers for that, we keep looking on seek.com.au every other day at least! Had one positive response from an application we sent from there, wants to meet hubby when we arrive - just dont wanna put all our eggs in one basket incase it turns out he's not interested in employing him!

Dont want to put you on a downer,but IF there is an area that "seems" to be struggling for work it seems to be the east coast,sunshine coast areas,thats how it seems reading some posts on here to me.

Werent the aussie gvnmt supposed to be thinking of some kind of incentive scheme for employers to employ workers from the east coast?or giving an allowance to workers from the east coast to move west? cant remember exactly tbh,but there was something on here about it.

"WORKINGTOFISH"(eddie) would know better,might be worth sending him a PM,he's actually there,im just going on bits ive read on here thats all,hopefully im wrong tho!

Hi Pablo

I've read a lot of them posts myself thats why we're feeling a bit daunted but we cant put this move off forever as we have waited over 2 years for the visa!!

We would struggle i think with moving to the West as we are on QLD State Sponsorship 176 Visa, i now the obligations to live and work in the state for at least 2 years are only moral and not legal obligations but QLD is definately where we want to be and it wouldnt sit right with me leaving the state which was good enough to give us sponsorship in the first place!

Just keeping fingers and toes crossed that we can at least find work once we arrive!!! :wacko: