Where's my shiny gold certificate with glitter and sparkles?

Melli

Ok I've spent thousands of pounds and hundreds of hours over 12 months getting my 189 visa. Do I really just get a email saying I'm successful? No paper work or certificate posted to me? How do I even know it's real?

Not really a massive issue I was just wondering if I should be expecting anything in the post? Seems a little disappointing after all the graft that's gone in!

This did make me smile :-) I expect trumpeting trumpeters at the front door with a big banner and the boom boom of a brass band when our visa is approved! I'm with you on this one ;-)

ps congrats on approval!

This did make me smile :-) I expect trumpeting trumpeters at the front door with a big banner and the boom boom of a brass band when our visa is approved! I'm with you on this one ;-)

ps congrats on approval!

Cheers mate, maybe it happens when I finally land? Green and yellow carpet with dancing koalas playing digereedoos? A big pat on the back and my picture in the paper.

Or maybe I'll re join the real world and realise that it's just "in the system" and that's that. Maybe I'll make myself a badge.

Cheers mate, maybe it happens when I finally land? Green and yellow carpet with dancing koalas playing digereedoos? A big pat on the back and my picture in the paper.

Or maybe I'll re join the real world and realise that it's just "in the system" and that's that. Maybe I'll make myself a badge.

Yah, I have heard (don't quote on me on this one however) that when you arrive, the customs officers greet you at the doors of the plane on the back of boomers and hand you a Vegemite sandwich... :laugh:

off to check on Ebay for badge making machines....

Nah, just buy one when you get there.

Congratulations on getting over all the fences with no penalty points.

Edited by BacktoDemocracy

Congratulations Nello ... don't worry once you leave the airport all the flies and mosquitoes from several miles around will welcome you ! ...

Agh, whether it's an e-mail or not it's reason to celebrate.

Sure don't you get a lovely Certificate on Citizenship?

B

Well you get a certificate. But you'll still be missing out any Gold, Glitter or Sparkles. Try Spotlight.

(If the name means nothing to you it's an Ozzie chain store with a well known arts & crafts department).