Guest guest36187

Parcel delivered and signed for in Perth at 12.3pm on 23rd August......very impressed

So what is the next step

Phoebe

And the next step is to....

....wait!! (you'll get used to that).

You'll get an acknowledgement in due course, then it's get on with life until that rarest of species, the lesser-crested CO, appears in your neck of the woods.

Best of luck with it all.

Steve

And the next step is to....

....wait!! (you'll get used to that).

You'll get an acknowledgement in due course, then it's get on with life until that rarest of species, the lesser-crested CO, appears in your neck of the woods.

Best of luck with it all.

Steve

Oh.....that is a rare creature indeed but I'll watch out for it :jiggy:

Do you know how/where I get on 'the List' . And thanks for your support :wink:

Phoebe

Guest Gollywobbler
Oh.....that is a rare creature indeed but I'll watch out for it :jiggy:

Do you know how/where I get on 'the List' . And thanks for your support :wink:

Phoebe

Hi Phoebe

Well done, that lass!

Sandch runs (Steve) the Gainwave website, which is where the tracking list is. Once you receive your acknowledgement letter, it will say the date on which the application was formally lodged - it takes them a couple of weeks to scan everything into their computer etc. After that, you're on your way!

If you contact Steve, he will add you to the list once you have the formal date of lodgement.

Then you wait patiently for ages, after which a CO suddenly makes contact, out of the blue. The COs are calm about it - they've done it all 100 times before. Mum's CO was absolutely brilliant. Very patient, very conscious that Mum was 84, the CO was determined to wrap Mum in cotton wool even though Mum didn't need as much pampering as the CO - a wonderful lady - insisted on giving her.

Hugs

Gill

Hi Phoebe

Well done, that lass!

Sandch runs (Steve) the Gainwave website, which is where the tracking list is. Once you receive your acknowledgement letter, it will say the date on which the application was formally lodged - it takes them a couple of weeks to scan everything into their computer etc. After that, you're on your way!

If you contact Steve, he will add you to the list once you have the formal date of lodgement.

Then you wait patiently for ages, after which a CO suddenly makes contact, out of the blue. The COs are calm about it - they've done it all 100 times before. Mum's CO was absolutely brilliant. Very patient, very conscious that Mum was 84, the CO was determined to wrap Mum in cotton wool even though Mum didn't need as much pampering as the CO - a wonderful lady - insisted on giving her.

Hugs

Gill

Hi Gill

Its thanks to you, the help from Yomvard and people on here that gave me the courage to 'do it myself'

Thanks for the info, I just have to encourage my OH to start de cluttering, he should have been a scrapman :arghh:

Phoebe

Firstly, i would like to say thank you all for the great support I have received over the past year from all you posters. I don't often post but i do give thanks when I feel that information is of particular help to me or I think it will help others.

Until this week i thought that i was clear about the process for the CVP143. However, I am now unsure about how long I will have to pay the 2nd instalment.

My position is that my visa application was acknowledged 15 June 2009. I am thinking of getting meds done now so that they are, hopefully, passed by the time CO is appointed in Sept/Oct this year. I hope to be out in Oz by end of October or early November with or without my visa and go offshore if necessary to validate the visa if not granted before I leave.

Once CO has meds and police check and AoS paid, which I believe you get 28days to do, how long do I have to pay the 2nd instalment?

I realise that the visa won't be granted before the 2nd payment.

One last question, I already hold a current police check as I am a health worker so is this acceptable for my visa purposes?

Firstly, i would like to say thank you all for the great support I have received over the past year from all you posters. I don't often post but i do give thanks when I feel that information is of particular help to me or I think it will help others.

Until this week i thought that i was clear about the process for the CVP143. However, I am now unsure about how long I will have to pay the 2nd instalment.

My position is that my visa application was acknowledged 15 June 2009. I am thinking of getting meds done now so that they are, hopefully, passed by the time CO is appointed in Sept/Oct this year. I hope to be out in Oz by end of October or early November with or without my visa and go offshore if necessary to validate the visa if not granted before I leave.

Once CO has meds and police check and AoS paid, which I believe you get 28days to do, how long do I have to pay the 2nd instalment?

I realise that the visa won't be granted before the 2nd payment.

One last question, I already hold a current police check as I am a health worker so is this acceptable for my visa purposes?

Good luck with getting the CO soon.

I think we had 28 days to get the payment to them, but there is definitely some flexibility if you need a few more days.

Regarding police clearance, from a purely bureaucratic point of view, I think they will need to see a certificate from the body they expect to see issuing the certificate, and it would need to be currently dated as they have a validity from the date of issue.

I received acknowledgement of receipt my Mom application today.

I'm about to write a letter to go with her Tourist 48R application (can't wait for her to finally come and live with me!) but I stop by at PomsInOz first.

The PVC received my application on 11th August. Took 2 full weeks to acknowledge it.:huh:

For subclass 143, COs are currently processing applications that were lodged on 15 May 2009. Hope this information shade some light for someone who has been endlessly waiting. :cute:

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Wow

They usually say 28 days in the letter. Some people ask for more time than that because they want an extension. They normally get it without any hassles.

In our own case, my sister in Oz had the money and she didn't realise that she was supposed to wait for a request, so she simply sent the money one Friday. She rang me over the weekend to tell me. I advised her to ring Mum's CO on the Monday to explain that Elaine had made a mistake and that the money should have reached the CO that morning. The CO was fine about it - she just printed the request letter and faxed it immediately so that it would look OK in her own records.

My guess is that you have an Enhanced CRB check? I'm not sure whether this is the same type of police check that you need for an Aussie visa.

For a visa, you need the type in the link below:

ACPO: Police Certificates

For the sake of £35, you might as well get the visa type so that you can be certain it is what the Aussies require, I suggest. I'd suggest that you apply for a police check at the same time as you book your meds, then it will be done and dusted before you get to Oz. You are only to be out of Oz again for a week or two wilst your visa is granted, then straight back to Oz to validate the visa, so it seems to me that you don't really need to worry about the fact that time will start to run against the police check as soon as it is issued.

Cheers

Gill

I received acknowledgement of receipt my Mom application today.

I'm about to write a letter to go with her Tourist 48R application (can't wait for her to finally come and live with me!) but I stop by at PomsInOz first.

The PVC received my application on 11th August. Took 2 full weeks to acknowledge it.:huh:

For subclass 143, COs are currently processing applications that were lodged on 15 May 2009. Hope this information shade some light for someone who has been endlessly waiting. :cute:

That'll be me then :jiggy:only just sent the first VAC :err:

Phoebe

$ Rate alert :policeman:

Just slipped through $1.76 on an upward trend.:jiggy:

Best day so far this month but as world stock markets wobble there could be more to come. :skeptical:

Could be worth a small transfer if you have the readies, just to keep your average up.:idea:

Every little helps. :biggrin:

Best day so far this month but as world stock markets wobble there could be more to come. :skeptical:

Could be worth a small transfer if you have the readies, just to keep your average up.:idea:

Too right :biggrin: thanks for the heads up, I noticed it at $1.71 the other day........so the question is......can u open an Aussie bank account if your not a resident.

Oh and BTW, my daughter who is sponsoring us has announced that she is expecting another baby in April 2011, good news all round I'd say :wink:

Phoebe

Every little helps. :jiggy:

Hi Wow

They usually say 28 days in the letter. Some people ask for more time than that because they want an extension. They normally get it without any hassles.

In our own case, my sister in Oz had the money and she didn't realise that she was supposed to wait for a request, so she simply sent the money one Friday. She rang me over the weekend to tell me. I advised her to ring Mum's CO on the Monday to explain that Elaine had made a mistake and that the money should have reached the CO that morning. The CO was fine about it - she just printed the request letter and faxed it immediately so that it would look OK in her own records.

My guess is that you have an Enhanced CRB check? I'm not sure whether this is the same type of police check that you need for an Aussie visa.

For a visa, you need the type in the link below:

ACPO: Police Certificates

For the sake of £35, you might as well get the visa type so that you can be certain it is what the Aussies require, I suggest. I'd suggest that you apply for a police check at the same time as you book your meds, then it will be done and dusted before you get to Oz. You are only to be out of Oz again for a week or two wilst your visa is granted, then straight back to Oz to validate the visa, so it seems to me that you don't really need to worry about the fact that time will start to run against the police check as soon as it is issued.

Cheers

Gill

Many thanks Gill. So the AoS and the 2nd instalement have to be paid roughly within 28 days?

Do you think that if I book my meds this week and send off the police check and get a CO in the next few weeks that I may even have a visa granted before end October?

You see if I thought it was only a matter of a few weeks past the end of October then it would make sense to wait here and have it all tied up before I go. It would also save the cost a trip offshore.

Guest neil and maureen troup

hi jobo we got our parental visas last october and they cost $60,000 for my wife and i , at the exchange rate at the time it was £34,000. also we had to put a bond of $14,000 which is returnable with interest after 10 years. we registered them in oz last xmas but had to return home to sell yhe house ! still here !!

Guest neil and maureen troup

hi vron , wife and i are in same boat with money , but decided we will invest bulk of money from the sale of our house and rent for the rest of our days , at least we will have a tidy sum in the bank to enjoy our later years, as we are both in our mid fifties.

Oh and BTW, my daughter who is sponsoring us has announced that she is expecting another baby in April 2011, good news all round I'd say :wink:

Phoebe

Every little helps. :jiggy:

Phoebe!

Can't believe you left the best bit to the end. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too have another grandchild due in February, that will be two here in UK and one in Oz, who I will meet in 5 days time, not that i'm counting?????

Waiting for the cpv must be a nightmare, but I envy you that wait, as we can't do it yet.

Congratulations again, Pam x

Phoebe!

Can't believe you left the best bit to the end. Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I too have another grandchild due in February, that will be two here in UK and one in Oz, who I will meet in 5 days time, not that i'm counting?????

Waiting for the cpv must be a nightmare, but I envy you that wait, as we can't do it yet.

Congratulations again, Pam x

Congratulations to you too :biggrin: My girls are coming here in November for my sons wedding so we dont have to do the journey this year. We were planning our trip for September/October next year but those plans are scuppered now, I'm going to have to bring them forward :jiggy:

Why can't you 'do it yet'

Phoebe

Congratulations to you too :biggrin: My girls are coming here in November for my sons wedding so we dont have to do the journey this year. We were planning our trip for September/October next year but those plans are scuppered now, I'm going to have to bring them forward :jiggy:

Why can't you 'do it yet'

Phoebe

Simply can't get everyone to think the same as me??????? I'm actually going on my own next week, but hubby is coming with me again in the spring and we intend to stay for a long trial. The trial will be both how we get on over there and how our daughter left here will get on without us (we do help a lot with childminding).

Nothing worthwhile is ever easy is it?????

How lovely for you in November to have all your family together again. Enjoy!

Pam

Simply can't get everyone to think the same as me??????? I'm actually going on my own next week, but hubby is coming with me again in the spring and we intend to stay for a long trial. The trial will be both how we get on over there and how our daughter left here will get on without us (we do help a lot with childminding).

Nothing worthwhile is ever easy is it?????

How lovely for you in November to have all your family together again. Enjoy!

Pam

Yes it is difficult I will still have my son in the UK. We are not 100% ourselves but we decided to set the ball rolling by putting the application in (given the time it takes:arghh:) we too are going out there for a couple of months next year, we have decided to get a short term rental so we can do a good rekki as well as seeing the family. If we decide that after all it isnt for us all we have lost is the first VAC :swoon:

Phoebe

Too right :biggrin: thanks for the heads up, I noticed it at $1.71 the other day........so the question is......can u open an Aussie bank account if your not a resident.

Phoebe

Yes you can open all of the major Oz Bank accounts in the UK, you can also transfer direct to your son/daughter's Oz bank account using Forex brokers, all of which takes time to set up.

You may be best reading up on this forum as it would take pages on here to go through the options.

Money & Finance - PomsInOz Forum

IMHO converting some money as you go along is a safe option in case you hit the second vac payment at the year low on the exchange rate. :cry:

Yes you can open all of the major Oz Bank accounts in the UK, you can also transfer direct to your son/daughter's Oz bank account using Forex brokers, all of which takes time to set up.

You may be best reading up on this forum as it would take pages on here to go through the options.

Money & Finance - PomsInOz Forum

IMHO converting some money as you go along is a safe option in case you hit the second vac payment at the year low on the exchange rate. :cry:

Mmm it is a bit of a roller coaster but appreciate the link.:wink:

Phoebe

Can anyone tell me is there many unsuccesfull CPVisa applications, and if so what would be the reason, We r going to apply and looking into all the possibilities.

Going to apply for immigration as a CPV, but was wondering would it be possible to apply onshore? would it be quicker? and what is the procedure, any information would be great as i dont know were to start.:err:

Going to apply for immigration as a CPV, but was wondering would it be possible to apply onshore? would it be quicker? and what is the procedure, any information would be great as i dont know were to start.:err:

We applied for an AgedCPV on-shore and going by people who applied for visas off-shore our visa was granted very quickly. We lodged all our papers etc in February this year and visa was granted in June.