SUMMARY: Spouse Visa Processing times OFFSHORE-UK. Please add your Stats.

Guest sr1992

On our immiaccount, under the health assessment title it says, "Organise health examinations." Once you click on the link it has the referral letter and hap id number. Do you think this means to proceed with the medical? I thought you had to wait for an email!

Thank you!! Within about 5 weeks the health declaration of my immi account changed to "please arrange medical" along with a hap id number. The last change was that medical all clear, no further action....and words to the effect of "your application can now proceed through processing"
Edited by koalakate

On our immiaccount, under the health assessment title it says, "Organise health examinations." Once you click on the link it has the referral letter and hap id number. Do you think this means to proceed with the medical? I thought you had to wait for an email!

That's great news! The next thing you hear will probably just be your visa approval once you've done them! It's all getting exciting!

I might phone and ask about not being able to view my application just in case there is a problem

Well after all my moaning and agonising we have officially been sent an email today requesting the medical and police check! I've been approved as a sponsor too. All very exciting!!

That's great news! The next thing you hear will probably just be your visa approval once you've done them! It's all getting exciting!

I might phone and ask about not being able to view my application just in case there is a problem

Excellent news koalakate! Forgive me if you've mentioned this somewhere in this big thread, may I know when you submitted your application? We are going to front load medical and police check, really hoping to move out later this year (submitted app in October last year). Risky I know.

edit just to say that our link also has "Organise health examinations." And once I click on the link it has the referral letter and hap id number also. Haven't received an email about it.

Edited by Guest

18th August. We have 28 days to complete the checks. Yes I don't think the link means to go ahead with the medical. The email was very official and clearly explains what to do etc

Excellent news koalakate! Forgive me if you've mentioned this somewhere in this big thread, may I know when you submitted your application? We are going to front load medical and police check, really hoping to move out later this year (submitted app in October last year). Risky I know.

edit just to say that our link also has "Organise health examinations." And once I click on the link it has the referral letter and hap id number also. Haven't received an email about it.

Happy New Year! I think you'll hear this or next week! We have booked the medical (in Manchester) and my husband was told he will need to take his underpants off - not sure why but she felt the need to tell him!! We've been imagining all sorts of scenarios!! Haha

Hi @koalakate! Happy new year! We've still not heard anything. Urgh. Will let you know when we do.

Well after all my moaning and agonising we have officially been sent an email today requesting the medical and police check! I've been approved as a sponsor too. All very exciting!!

Fantastic new!! I'm sooo pleased for you (And us that we're creeping nearer!)

@ashabree I'm sure you'll hear very soon!

It's all getting exciting! :jiggy:

I've been granted my permanent visa today!

applied 16th August 2016

CO assigned 27th September 2016

pr visa granted 11th January 2017

under 5 months!!

only two days ago I sent a message to Europe service centre asking when I will get my visa as I'm travelling to Australia in February and wanted to know whether to get a tourist visa. Not sure if it's a coincidence I've got it today.?

Hi,

We are new to this site, we applied for my Husbands partner visa on the 18th Ocotober 2016 via LOndon, we live in Liverpool. Together 15 years, married 10 and have 2 children, who are now Australain citizens by descent and have their Aussie Passports. We decided not to do his medical till we got a email from a CO, which we still haven't got. We are coming up to the 3 month mark. I see from some comments that some are getting grants from when they applied in August and also CO and medicals for people that applied in August. Our Immiaccount says VIEW HEALTH ASSESSMENTand then when you click on the link it says ORGANISE HEALTH ASSESSMENT, when you click on the link it gives HAPID and a list of yes/no questions, but we still have not had a email. SHALL WE WAIT?

Hi,

We are new to this site, we applied for my Husbands partner visa on the 18th Ocotober 2016 via LOndon, we live in Liverpool. Together 15 years, married 10 and have 2 children, who are now Australain citizens by descent and have their Aussie Passports. We decided not to do his medical till we got a email from a CO, which we still haven't got. We are coming up to the 3 month mark. I see from some comments that some are getting grants from when they applied in August and also CO and medicals for people that applied in August. Our Immiaccount says VIEW HEALTH ASSESSMENTand then when you click on the link it says ORGANISE HEALTH ASSESSMENT, when you click on the link it gives HAPID and a list of yes/no questions, but we still have not had a email. SHALL WE WAIT?

You can if you want. TBH organising it and the police check isn't difficult so waiting a bit is also ok I think.

Hi,

The validity is one year I think. so if you organise them now you are committed to validating the visa (PR) by then. My grant letter says "must enter by 7th October 2017 (this date cannot be changed)" which is fine for me as I already have a holiday booked in feb but if you do yours now and the grant doesn't happen until December you could face a short notice trip to validate (expensive flight) otherwise no risk to early medicals / police checks id say. If there is a big delay for some reason they can be done again just not after grant

In a few of the other forums so you may have seen my username around....

I applied 13/09/16 with a front loaded application and am yet to have any contact from a CO. I did call last week to ask if I need to tell them about my holiday to Oz in Feb and they advised at the same time I do actually have a CO named Jennifer.

I'm 4 months tomorrow and have seen a few straightforward applications processed in 5 so fingers crossed I get the grant prior to my holiday.

PingPoma - What exactly did you send to the Europe centre? Did you have any contact from a CO prior to grant?

In a few of the other forums so you may have seen my username around....

I applied 13/09/16 with a front loaded application and am yet to have any contact from a CO. I did call last week to ask if I need to tell them about my holiday to Oz in Feb and they advised at the same time I do actually have a CO named Jennifer.

I'm 4 months tomorrow and have seen a few straightforward applications processed in 5 so fingers crossed I get the grant prior to my holiday.

PingPoma - What exactly did you send to the Europe centre? Did you have any contact from a CO prior to grant?

Hi Uhtred

what name number did you call my dear? I am about two weeks ahead of you (applied 2nd September) and haven't had any notification of CO either! Be nice to be able to chase up and at least see if it's been allcoated to someone!!

Hi Uhtred

what name number did you call my dear? I am about two weeks ahead of you (applied 2nd September) and haven't had any notification of CO either! Be nice to be able to chase up and at least see if it's been allcoated to someone!!

I found a number on the London Embassy page - you can only call Mon/Fri between 1pm-4pm. The number was 02074203690.

I mentioned to the guy on the phone I didnt think I had a CO yet and he corrected me. Gave me her name and said she will probably be in contact soon - obviously soon could be days or weeks right haha.

Strange that a few August applicants have had their contact for medicals or even a grant and yet 4 weeks later and we've had no contact.

I don't know exactly as it was a submission form rather than an email

Something along the lines of:

I have a spouse visa application being processed. I am visiting Australia for a family wedding from 25th Feb to 15 March 2017. I understand that I am required to be offshore for the grant of this visa. Can you please advise whether I can expect this visa to be granted prior to early February 2017 or whether it is more appropriate to apply for a tourist visa for this trip. As we have a young son and flying will be difficult our preference is to have the visa granted prior to this trip so that this trip can act as my validation trip rather than an additional trip later in the year.

I've been granted my permanent visa today!

applied 16th August 2016

CO assigned 27th September 2016

pr visa granted 11th January 2017

under 5 months!!

only two days ago I sent a message to Europe service centre asking when I will get my visa as I'm travelling to Australia in February and wanted to know whether to get a tourist visa. Not sure if it's a coincidence I've got it today.?

Fantastic news!

Sorry if this has been asked before but did you apply online or at the embassy in London?

I found a number on the London Embassy page - you can only call Mon/Fri between 1pm-4pm. The number was 02074203690.

I mentioned to the guy on the phone I didnt think I had a CO yet and he corrected me. Gave me her name and said she will probably be in contact soon - obviously soon could be days or weeks right haha.

Strange that a few August applicants have had their contact for medicals or even a grant and yet 4 weeks later and we've had no contact.

Ahhh ok....I guess we have to take that as a positive though...if they are dealing with us in a queue then it should be soon right??

Fantastic news!

Sorry if this has been asked before but did you apply online or at the embassy in London?

online, I do think its not a straight queue however as some people have more complicated circumstances than others

I also have 3 years living in Australia in the last 5 if that makes a difference on a 457

I think you're right.

I am British, my partner is Aussie, we've been together almost 3 years, lived together officially for 19 months now but have had a few periods of separation during that time (family issues).

Other than the separation there's nothing too complex about our application I don't think. Nice to know I can contact the European Service should I have any queries. Hopefully the processing times are still accurate, they seem to have been for you!

All the best!

I don't know exactly as it was a submission form rather than an email

Something along the lines of:

I have a spouse visa application being processed. I am visiting Australia for a family wedding from 25th Feb to 15 March 2017. I understand that I am required to be offshore for the grant of this visa. Can you please advise whether I can expect this visa to be granted prior to early February 2017 or whether it is more appropriate to apply for a tourist visa for this trip. As we have a young son and flying will be difficult our preference is to have the visa granted prior to this trip so that this trip can act as my validation trip rather than an additional trip later in the year.

Even though I did call, I might drop them a similar email in a week or two. My circumstances are almost identical to yours - we fly 23/02 - 17/03 and also have a young child with us. I want to activate the visa in Feb as opposed to returning again in September out of ease on us if anything.

I see you mention your CO contacting you within a month, was this to request a medical etc? Did you have any other contact?