Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Results 21 to 30 of 34

    Thread: Dream is over!!


    1. #21

      Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Join Date
      Dec 2009
      Location
      Hobart
      Posts
      7,085
      Liked
      7423 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Bound4Tassie View Post
      I...I do try to remind him that he's not totally ancient at 36!!)
      Tell him to hang in there....the best part of my life started at 38 (coincidentally in north west Tassie).

    2. #22

      Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Join Date
      May 2012
      Posts
      1,851
      Liked
      1446 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Skani View Post
      Tell him to hang in there....the best part of my life started at 38 (coincidentally in north west Tassie).
      9months and counting!
      Partner Visa 309/100 Applied for - 23/6/15CO assigned (WP) 1/9/15Medical Completed 29/12/15Police Check uploaded 12/01/16GRANTED 21/01/16!!!!

    3. #23

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      14
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      HI Scottiegirl, thanks for your reply.

      The decision for me to return to UK was quite simple, my son gave me a gorgeous grandchild, so it was a no brainer. It was our only reason for returning because he would Skype us with his little girl sitting on his lap and I wanted to be part of her life, I missed not seeing her in person.

      However, we feel cheated out of returning because our son has turned out to be selfish, uncaring and we hardly see him, despite living not even 1 minute away, he has also had a son too since our return. We have had many fall outs as we never or hardly get included in their lives now we are back. To this day, we cannot understand why it is like this, although his girlfriend has the say in everything and what she says, goes. Everything is all about her family, not ours, and he goes along with it. We have so much love to give to our grandchildren and we are not even allowed to pop round unless an appointment is made. He promises things and is always letting us down, not only us, but other family members too. My parents even moved into the area to be a part of their lives and they feel left out too.

      So, you can get the jist of things and why I feel like I do. If we knew it was going to be like this we wouldn't have come back, but none of us have a crystal ball, so I have this situation right under my nose.

      Our daughter, who is nearly 26, has been wonderful and if we ever return to Oz she said she will come too this time. But we will have to wait and see what the future holds.

    4. #24

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Aug 2016
      Posts
      51
      Liked
      4 times
      Rep
      I think you're angry with yourself and feel your husband took advantage of your vulnerability when you made the decision to move back to the UK.
      Having said that, you can't expect everyone to upsticks and pack their life away when you say.

      You need a shift of focus. Stop the blame and beating yourself up and enjoy the holiday you are able to have.

      You are making your family feel they are not enough and it's not what you want. Embrace what you have. Throw yourself into a project that brings you back into the here and now and allow yourself to enjoy being with family and friends.
      Allow yourself to just be.
      I wish you good luck x

      Sent from my SM-A500FU using Tapatalk
      DE LR Painter & Decorator 2 adults 4 kids
      Nom 20/05/2016
      Visa 25/05/2016
      Information requested 17th Jan 2017, uploaded 1st February 2017
      Assessment in Progress

    5. #25

      Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Join Date
      Mar 2011
      Location
      Brighton
      Posts
      9,480
      Liked
      5397 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Bubbly boo View Post
      HI Scottiegirl, thanks for your reply.

      The decision for me to return to UK was quite simple, my son gave me a gorgeous grandchild, so it was a no brainer. It was our only reason for returning because he would Skype us with his little girl sitting on his lap and I wanted to be part of her life, I missed not seeing her in person.

      However, we feel cheated out of returning because our son has turned out to be selfish, uncaring and we hardly see him, despite living not even 1 minute away, he has also had a son too since our return. We have had many fall outs as we never or hardly get included in their lives now we are back. To this day, we cannot understand why it is like this, although his girlfriend has the say in everything and what she says, goes. Everything is all about her family, not ours, and he goes along with it. We have so much love to give to our grandchildren and we are not even allowed to pop round unless an appointment is made. He promises things and is always letting us down, not only us, but other family members too. My parents even moved into the area to be a part of their lives and they feel left out too.

      So, you can get the jist of things and why I feel like I do. If we knew it was going to be like this we wouldn't have come back, but none of us have a crystal ball, so I have this situation right under my nose.

      Our daughter, who is nearly 26, has been wonderful and if we ever return to Oz she said she will come too this time. But we will have to wait and see what the future holds.
      Got to be more than that. You really think it's acceptable to turn up unannounced to a household with two young kids? If they have had a bad night and the place is a mess still in their PJ's? My missus wouldn't have opened the door! I take it words were said to your husbands partner? So you don't want to mend fences - you just want to leave to the other side of the world like you did previously?

      You're not doing yourself any favours hon.

    6. #26

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Jan 2017
      Posts
      87
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      I'm sorry its not working out as you planned but as ameber of the sandwich generation its not just about the kids. If you were to return you would have to deal with the reality of ageing parents and trust me that is not something that can be easily managed from a time zone 12 hours apart. Plus the reality is post Brexit your money will not go nearly as far in Aus as it did when you were last here. Tough but true. I suspect your unhappiness has more to do with the family situation and less to do with location. A holiday in Aus may just aggravate the wound, but you need a holiday. There are plenty of warm exotic locations that are not Aus, treat yourself

    7. #27

      Title
      Administrator
      Join Date
      May 2008
      Location
      Cairns
      Posts
      52,305
      Liked
      35948 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Bubbly boo View Post
      HI Scottiegirl, thanks for your reply.

      The decision for me to return to UK was quite simple, my son gave me a gorgeous grandchild, so it was a no brainer. It was our only reason for returning because he would Skype us with his little girl sitting on his lap and I wanted to be part of her life, I missed not seeing her in person.

      However, we feel cheated out of returning because our son has turned out to be selfish, uncaring and we hardly see him, despite living not even 1 minute away, he has also had a son too since our return. We have had many fall outs as we never or hardly get included in their lives now we are back. To this day, we cannot understand why it is like this, although his girlfriend has the say in everything and what she says, goes. Everything is all about her family, not ours, and he goes along with it. We have so much love to give to our grandchildren and we are not even allowed to pop round unless an appointment is made. He promises things and is always letting us down, not only us, but other family members too. My parents even moved into the area to be a part of their lives and they feel left out too.

      So, you can get the jist of things and why I feel like I do. If we knew it was going to be like this we wouldn't have come back, but none of us have a crystal ball, so I have this situation right under my nose.

      Our daughter, who is nearly 26, has been wonderful and if we ever return to Oz she said she will come too this time. But we will have to wait and see what the future holds.
      Please don't take this personal as it's hard knowing anyone from a few paragraphs on a forum, but you sound as though you may be suffering from depression.
      In regards to grandchildren, it is something I have worried about. Unfortunately as the mother to the son we get and will get left out of a lot of things as our daughter in law will,always be with her family and our sons will have to follow. We just have to realise they have their own life.
      Whatever you decide I wish you all the best
      If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

    8. #28

      Title
      Junior Member
      Join Date
      Feb 2014
      Posts
      14
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      Imy definitely not depressed, just angry and frustrated.

    9. #29

      Title
      Platinum Member
      Join Date
      Dec 2011
      Location
      Mandurah
      Posts
      804
      Liked
      187 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by newjez View Post
      Got to be more than that. You really think it's acceptable to turn up unannounced to a household with two young kids? If they have had a bad night and the place is a mess still in their PJ's? My missus wouldn't have opened the door! I take it words were said to your husbands partner? So you don't want to mend fences - you just want to leave to the other side of the world like you did previously?

      You're not doing yourself any favours hon.
      Are you serious??? You might be jumping the gun a little here. That's quite a judgement to make about Bubbly Boo. To be honest I never really cared when my in laws turned up, they just needed to respect that we had a house full of young children. We were never judged on tidiness, or whether my wife had make up on. They would text to let us know they were out and about and thought they'd call in any case most of the time. As the son in law I could have requested appointments I would guess, but we all get on fine so it would never happen!
      AITSL assessment complete-09/10/2014 | IELTS L8.5, R8, W8.5, S8.5. -13/12/2014 | EOI submitted 07/01/2015 (65) invite 09/01/2015 | 189 Visa applied - 10/01/2015 | Meds -20/02/2015 | PCC-08/03/2015 | Visa granted! - 20/03/2015.

    10. #30

      Title
      Member
      Join Date
      Oct 2016
      Posts
      90
      Liked
      27 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Bubbly boo View Post
      Need to get this off my chest:

      AM I BEING SELFISH????
      Why are you asking a bunch of anonymous strangers on a web forum for advice on your marital problems ?

      Its your husband you should be talking to.

      This is always a problem for mixed aussie/brit marriages.

     

  •  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. Is the dream over?????
      By KittyKaz in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 11-05-2013, 03:46 PM
    2. Is the dream over?:(
      By moss2oz in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 15
      Last Post: 13-07-2011, 07:28 PM
    3. OZ dream over for us
      By bindog1uk in forum News, Chat & Dilemmas
      Replies: 22
      Last Post: 31-10-2010, 10:43 PM
    4. End of a dream
      By ClaireW in forum News, Chat & Dilemmas
      Replies: 12
      Last Post: 06-02-2010, 08:02 AM
    5. Looks Like The Dream Is Over
      By andywo21 in forum Migration Issues
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 07-11-2008, 09:17 AM
    Copyright © 2005 - 2016 PomsInOz.com
    All times are GMT. The time now is 12:31 PM.