Really Useful to do list!

Guest Amy & Mark

lol, i know mate,it does have some good stuff in it though,only meant to bump up the list itself but im useless with computers/forums

Youre better off playin it by ear and just wing it you get the hang of it all this methodical stuff you end droppin one if you do it

M\ally

Youre better off playin it by ear and just wing it you get the hang of it all this methodical stuff you end droppin one if you do it

M\ally

yeah ,i know what your saying mally, but some people wanted a list so its for them realy,but the stuff about cancelling this and that over here and medical records and stuff is what im interested in, either way,people can use it if it suits them,if not they can wing it kind of thing mate

yeah ,i know what your saying mally, but some people wanted a list so its for them realy,but the stuff about cancelling this and that over here and medical records and stuff is what im interested in, either way,people can use it if it suits them,if not they can wing it kind of thing mate

Got into a **** up with council over rates we were rentin for 3 mionths ad was told rates were in yes feb 7th on blower with council flew on 9th sorted it down to oh my plan was the big finger lol. Med records did not bother mate doctors suss you out over here unless you have some thing wrong but then you wouold not get in confusin myself lol. If you want to know owt just pm us if i can help this int right new year 30c cant go ou for fresh air have to stick my head in freezer lol

Mally

Happy new year qland you banana benders

cheers mate,i know its hot there at the mo,my mates been in perth about 5 years,bricklaying subby.so are a cpl of other brickys i know from lpool,too hot for too long perth mally,thats why im gonna try adelaide. anyway im off to sainsburys now get some guinness draught for tonight,and the grouse is on for a tenner, if my clock is right its just about new year in perth? so HAPPY NEW YEAR.and thx again

cheers mate,i know its hot there at the mo,my mates been in perth about 5 years,bricklaying subby.so are a cpl of other brickys i know from lpool,too hot for too long perth mally,thats why im gonna try adelaide. anyway im off to sainsburys now get some guinness draught for tonight,and the grouse is on for a tenner, if my clock is right its just about new year in perth? so HAPPY NEW YEAR.and thx again

Cheers mate

thall do for a scouser in my book guinness draught $60 for a slab missed out but got sum of the local hooch ant got no spirits scotch int bad out here

Mally

btw.........new years eve wish( besides my own team that is!)that sufc make up those 10 points and come in the top 3!because my other 2 teams bradford and leicester are looking good for top 3,nice few quid if i get it,anyway off to sainsburys,all the best mate

btw.........new years eve wish( besides my own team that is!)that sufc make up those 10 points and come in the top 3!because my other 2 teams bradford and leicester are looking good for top 3,nice few quid if i get it,anyway off to sainsburys,all the best mate

I have always had a dislike for Steven Gerrard great payer but summat not right now hes been a bad lad respect to the guy proper footballer asa laugh like most blokes , thought he was a holier than thou bloke , we are wishin for them points mate keep in touch maye#

Mally

ps union man

1980 steel strike

1984 miners strike down but not beaten

I have always had a dislike for Steven Gerrard great payer but summat not right now hes been a bad lad respect to the guy proper footballer asa laugh like most blokes , thought he was a holier than thou bloke , we are wishin for them points mate keep in touch maye#

Mally

ps union man

1980 steel strike

1984 miners strike down but not beaten

cant say i know steven mate,but i grew up with his dad paul and uncle tony,im from the same estate, the bluebell in huyton( no bluebells there though!)drank in the swan pub with them since i was 16,all i can say is they are a good down to earth family, his grandad tony is a proper character,he was a joiner, he wanted steven to have his big wedding do in the swan in huyton lmao!he had it in a big stately home down south and old tony made him take loads of newcastle brown down for him,old tony still refuses to let steven buy him a nice house,still lives in ironside rd on the bluebell,wont move,stevens round there everyday,loves the bones of old tony,ive never hassled his dad for anything tbh,i once got him to sign a lpool shirt for my nephew thats all.i have spoke to a couple of lads who know one of the lads who was with him on the night in question and he did (alledgedly)crack the dj(who just happens to be a man utd fan!)but they said it was because it looked like the dj was about to throw a dig at him,apparantly theres cctv so we`l see. all i can say is its out of character mate.

• 1 month later...
Afraid i cant take credit for writing this but hope you find it useful.

Mark.

Before you move

12 months to go

Make sure you have at least 2 years left on your passports.

Dig out all your personal paperwork, including birth, adoption and marriage certificates, employment refeences, driving licences and qualifications.

Apply for your visas

Update your CV to make it suitable for the Oz/Kiwi market place.

Start job hunting.

Put your house on the market.

Get your finances in order, consolidate bank accounts and reduce debts.

Consider talking to your employer about your migration plans.

Talk to your childrens schools about your plans and ask them to prepare hand-over files.

Discuss your plans with extended family and friends.

6 months to go

Get quotes from removals companies and flights and get them booked.

If you are shipping pets, make sure they are fully innoculated and fir to travel. Your vet can advise you.

Get quotes and book pet shipment.

Sell any unwanted items of furniture and clear out cupboards.

Clean and paint any garden tools and furniture you plan to take. Items with soil on will be denied entry at customs.

Give formal notice to your employer and ensure you get your P45.

Ask your doctor, dentist,optician for your hand-over files.

Open an Oz/Kiwi bank account.

Set up a trading account with a currency broker.

Request credit references from your bank,building society or any other lending agent.

Identify temporary accommodation in case your house sells sooner than expected and you have to move out

2 months to go

Track down temporary accommodation in Oz/NZ.

Book accommodation for each destination on route.

Register children in new schools.

Book accommodation in OZ/NZ for pets.

Start having Goodbye parties now as time runs away at the end.

Organise all birthday cards and presents for the next 3 months.

Request up to date statements on any endowments, pensions and investments.

Depending on your tenancy agreement, give notice to your landlord if renting your property.

1 month to go

Give your change of address to your bank, passport office, DVLA, pension company, inland revenue, insurance brokers and accountants.

Bring council tax and utilities up to date and cancel accounts for TV, internet, phone and insurance.

Go to a car book sale to sell any items you don't want to take with you, or donate them to a charity shop.

Arrange all your post to be redirected to a friend or relative.

Transfer funds to Oz/NZ.

Start packing non essential items.

Collect all hand-over files from doctor, dentist, optician, schools etc.

Arrange some private health cover for Oz/NZ if required.

Pay off any outstanding debts.

Close any surplus bank accounts and destroy unwanted cards.

Shred any personal records you are not taking and dispose of.

Confirm the removalists are booked.

Ensure all your relevant paperwork is in a handy travel file.

Cancel any redundant direct debits or standing orders.

Ask for a copy of your No Claims Bonus from your insurance company.

1 week to go

Cancel any newspapers, milk or satellite TV subscriptions.

Sell your car, bike, van or any other transport you wont be needing.

Cancel car insurance.

Buy some currency for each destination on route to Oz/NZ.

Throw more Goodbye parties!

Ensure that yur gods are either about to leave the UK or are on their way Down Under.

Organise any presents and cards your children may want to send to their friends prior to leaving.

1 day to go

Make sure transport to the airport is organised and will arrive in plenty of time for the flight.

Establish who will be coming to the airport to say goodbye.

Pack activity sets and small gifts to amuse young children on the flight.

Get a good night's sleep

When you get there

On arrival

Pick up a copy of "On Arrival" magazine at the airport; it contains lots of ideas, information and helpful websites.

Collect your hire car and check into your accommodation.

Contact people back home to let them know you have arrival safely.

Try not to sleep through the day.

Set up a Pay-as-you-Go mobile phone to start your off - you can buy a cheap SIM card and use it in your UK phone.

Find your nearest internet cafe for property and area research.

Take a few days to get over the journey and explore the area.

1 week later

Get a tax file number (TFN) for Oz or an IRD number for New Zealand.

Contact your new employer to confirm you have arrived.

Explore the area or suburb you think you would like to live in and ask the locals as many questions as possible.

Meet with rental agents and start reviewing some accommodation property options.

Find a solicitor to help with rental or purchase contracts.

Consider buying a car sooner rather than later. Used cars are cheap if you don't yet qualify for credit.

Get car insurance.

Register at a local school and arrange to meet your children's new teachers.

Get a landline installed and set up internet access.

Invite your neighbours around for drinks and focus on making new friends for you and your children.

1 month later

Review your financial position and transfer more funds if required.

Set up standing orders for utilities.

Register for your local doctor and dentist, and for Medicare (Oz).

Meet with mortgage brokers to understand your borrowing capacity.

Visit your children's schools to ensure that they have settled in ok.

Identify a reliable plumber, electrician and mechanic in your area.

Consider re-writing your will.

Discuss your first month with your employer and resolve any problems that may have cropped up.

Start to attend social functions or join a sports club.

Establish a routine and settle into your new life!

Not taking credit for typing it out, but had saved it as a word file for future use!

If anyone can think of anything else to add to this list just leave a post and i will squeeze it in, thanks.

"to do list",boy am i thick with computers/forums etc! just wanted to upload this one post for someone tonight 11 2 09, and i bet yer the whole thread and posts come up when i return to tonights home page! lmao! i still say that this little?list should have its own little spec on PIO,mally......i know you dont agree with research and all that.lol!( btw,wtf happened in the derby?blades are gonna ruin my bet! ) but anyway here it is for those that want to use it

Pablo, I just tried to search for this thread and it couldn't be found. Think Tim has messed with the search thing or something!! You'd think if you typed in 'to do list' it would find this!!!

Anyway cheers

Sue x

The only reason i found it is because i cba clearing my "list subscription" thing sue,lol. im thick as f### when it comes to all this,i wanted to just post the relevant info,but anyway..........................doh!

LOL Pablo, I cba either and end up asking the OH about 10 times before I get it.

But I remember a thread called 2009 predictions or something where you said you wanted to learn some computer stuff and Nigel posted a couple of links to learn from.

So...long dark night or snowed off work......what's your excuse LOL!!!!!!!!

Sue x

LOL Pablo, I cba either and end up asking the OH about 10 times before I get it.

But I remember a thread called 2009 predictions or something where you said you wanted to learn some computer stuff and Nigel posted a couple of links to learn from.

So...long dark night or snowed off work......what's your excuse LOL!!!!!!!!

Sue x

Done 3 days work since start of dec mate,and i know all the subbies in the north west,dead as a dodo,thats another reason i could do without going on this recce in april,gonna be 5k i have'nt got but we have to validate by june,but tbh i shouldnt whinge about things like that,what with the things that are happening in oz and around the world,househusband now,ive even got crotchless chefs trousers!im sick of getting taken for granted!just expecting her tea on the table!and getting used for a sex object!:biglaugh::biglaugh:

There you go all that time in the house teach yourself to be an IT guru!!! Career change you were looking for!

And as for your kinky cooking exploits.....just whose fantasy is that????

Sue x

Well as regards the cooking exploits................you started it in your P.M to me

• 5 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Mark.

Before you move

12 months to go

Dig out all your personal paperwork, including birth, adoption and marriage certificates, employment refeences, driving licences and qualifications.

Apply for your visas

Start job hunting.

Talk to your childrens schools about your plans and ask them to prepare hand-over files.

6 months to go

If you are shipping pets, make sure they are fully innoculated and fir to travel. Your vet can advise you.

Clean and paint any garden tools and furniture you plan to take. Items with soil on will be denied entry at customs.

Request credit references from your bank,building society or any other lending agent.

Identify temporary accommodation in case your house sells sooner than expected and you have to move out

2 months to go

Depending on your tenancy agreement, give notice to your landlord if renting your property.

1 month to go

Give your change of address to your bank, passport office, DVLA, pension company, inland revenue, insurance brokers and accountants.

Bring council tax and utilities up to date and cancel accounts for TV, internet, phone and insurance.

Go to a car book sale to sell any items you don't want to take with you, or donate them to a charity shop.

Transfer funds to Oz/NZ.

1 week to go

Cancel car insurance.

Ensure that yur gods are either about to leave the UK or are on their way Down Under.

Organise any presents and cards your children may want to send to their friends prior to leaving.

1 day to go

Make sure transport to the airport is organised and will arrive in plenty of time for the flight.

Get a good night's sleep

When you get there

On arrival

Pick up a copy of "On Arrival" magazine at the airport; it contains lots of ideas, information and helpful websites.

Set up a Pay-as-you-Go mobile phone to start your off - you can buy a cheap SIM card and use it in your UK phone.

1 week later

Explore the area or suburb you think you would like to live in and ask the locals as many questions as possible.

Meet with rental agents and start reviewing some accommodation property options.

Consider buying a car sooner rather than later. Used cars are cheap if you don't yet qualify for credit.

Get car insurance.

Invite your neighbours around for drinks and focus on making new friends for you and your children.

1 month later

Discuss your first month with your employer and resolve any problems that may have cropped up.

Not taking credit for typing it out, but had saved it as a word file for future use!

If anyone can think of anything else to add to this list just leave a post and i will squeeze it in, thanks.

Just bumping it up for "mach",kelly reckons this is in "the australia and new zealand magazine",i wouldnt know as i dont buy it.i might do now tho for the list.

• 4 weeks later...

Mark.

Before you move

12 months to go

Apply for your visas

Start job hunting.

6 months to go

2 months to go

1 month to go

Transfer funds to Oz/NZ.

1 week to go

Cancel car insurance.

1 day to go

Get a good night's sleep

When you get there

On arrival

1 week later

Get car insurance.

1 month later

This is a list from a while ago tweenies