Introduction

NedKelly

Hello all,

My partner & I are hoping to move to Australia this year and are currently in the process of applying for a 189 Visa. She is a CIMA qualified management accountant, if anyone has similar experience or skills and has gone through the process please let us know as we would appreciate any help.

:smile:

Patrick

Hey mate,

I'm CIMA too. It is becoming more recognised over here although CPA & Ca are better know. CIMA & CPA Australia have a mutual recognition alliance, ie a CIMA member can become a CPA by just applying and paying the fees.

I did my Skilled Independent application in 2003, not sure what the current rules are. If you look for Accountant (CPA) on the occupation lists, she should be able to apply under that.

Good luck.

Hey mate,

I'm CIMA too. It is becoming more recognised over here although CPA & Ca are better know. CIMA & CPA Australia have a mutual recognition alliance, ie a CIMA member can become a CPA by just applying and paying the fees.

I did my Skilled Independent application in 2003, not sure what the current rules are. If you look for Accountant (CPA) on the occupation lists, she should be able to apply under that.

Good luck.

Thanks for the reply. She is currently doing her skills assessment through CPA and is going to transfer her qualification across. I guess my question is can she bank her work experience while she was studying?

Is she a full ACMA? She doesn't need to transfer over. It is an option if you want. I never bothered and it hasn't really been an issue. Most employers view them all the same.

Regarding an agent, If you are confident you have the points, I'm not sure what value they add. It is really a process of getting all your paperwork together and making it as easy as possible for them to follow. I didn't bother using one and I had no issues. Process took about 9 months but this was back in 2003/2004, not sure how it has changed today.

Hi everyone,

Myself and my partner are in the middle of our emigration to Melbourne, my partner has a job with a 457 visa and we are just waiting for these to come through. We are bringing our 11 yr old daughter straight out with us, but my 18 yr old Son won't join us for a few months and likewise my 21yr old Daughter will join us later. How easy will it be for them to join us, can anyone help Plz.

Thank you gertyax1978, does it mean my Daughter has to have a skill to come over and work Plz?

I think so yeah. She could possibly get 2 years on working holiday visa and possibly sponsorship but no guarantees. She would need a skill of course or a trade with qualifications. Others might be able to suggest other ideas.

BAD NEWS.

she's a full ACMA qualified accountant but as she didn't get her letters until 2016 they won't count her experience despite working for 5+ years as an accountant!? So apparently we now need a 190 visa? any experience with this?

Really? They did when I did mine. That was quite a while ago though so it may have changed. I was a passed finalist in 1997 (I think), came here as a backpacker in '98, sponsored in '99/2000. Got my letters in 2003 to apply for PR.

Are you under 30? Not sure if you come as a backpacker (up to 2 years) and then apply during the period. Work shouldn't be an issue - well contract work anyway and more and more stuff is contract these days.