The weather in Devonport Tasmania today

JockinTas

How many horses do you have Jock ?

Four horses. I share the upkeep with 2 other people. They are rescue horses. The original owner couldn't afford to keep them and the horses were in a state of neglect. One is a lovely purebred Arab mare. She was in-foal when we got them and the foal is now a yearling - been gelded and looking for a home for him. My favourite is an old palomino mare. She is nearly 20 but as fit as a fiddle. The other is a small stocky pony who is a proper character. Very ugly but very cute too. Hope to eventually find them all homes.

We Skype the Tassie relatives each week. It makes me laugh sometimes when they're in thick jumpers and we're in t shirts....then we compare temperatures and they're only a degree cooler than we are! I look forward to the days when I find 14C absolutely freezing! Lol!

Hi B4T: We're in Adelaide at present and know just what your Tassie rellies mean about feeling freezing cold at 14c!! It was about that today and I've been huddled in the lounge all day with the gas heater on! I was only saying to an Aussie friend the other day that in England we get proper excited when the tv weather presenters announce that 'we're heading for double figures tomorrow' when doing the forecast, and that might only mean 10 degrees celsius!!! Mind you, we have central-heating all winter in the UK, so perhaps we've become a bit soft, but I'm telling you, since we've been here in South Oz for the past couple of years, it's flipping freeeeezing indoors during winter once the temps drop below 15 or 16C without central heating!! Or maybe it's just me being a wimp. Btw, my husband and I are visiting Tasmania in November for five days and really looking forward to it. Sounds gorgeous and we can't wait!

Hi B4T: We're in Adelaide at present and know just what your Tassie rellies mean about feeling freezing cold at 14c!! It was about that today and I've been huddled in the lounge all day with the gas heater on! I was only saying to an Aussie friend the other day that in England we get proper excited when the tv weather presenters announce that 'we're heading for double figures tomorrow' when doing the forecast, and that might only mean 10 degrees celsius!!! Mind you, we have central-heating all winter in the UK, so perhaps we've become a bit soft, but I'm telling you, since we've been here in South Oz for the past couple of years, it's flipping freeeeezing indoors during winter once the temps drop below 15 or 16C without central heating!! Or maybe it's just me being a wimp. Btw, my husband and I are visiting Tasmania in November for five days and really looking forward to it. Sounds gorgeous and we can't wait!

Lol! I don't think it's just you. It'll be me too once I've been there a while! Tas is beautiful....you'll defo want to go back!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

@JockinTas...6 o'clock this morning

[h=2]Real-Time Extremes[/h]
  • [h=3]Hottest 31.9 °C Argyle Aerodrome, WA[/h]
  • [h=3]Coldest 0.1 °C Mount Wellington, TAS[/h]
  • [h=3]Windiest 68.5km/h Mount Wellington, TAS[/h]
  • [h=3]Wettest (Last Hour) 0.6mm Cocos Island Airport.[/h]Extract from Willyweather.
    Cheers, Bobj.

I live on the west coast and it NEVER STOPS RAINING

Very depressing!

You sound surprised...I trust you researched the West Coast weather before moving there? When it gets too much just lie back and think of the rainforests. Rainforests need rain. :wink:

I hope your plans are progressing for the move to the brighter, drier side of the island? Although, having said that, this year since May has been the wettest and windiest weather I can remember here in the south east. It has to end soon....surely? :unsure:

@JockinTas...6 o'clock this morning

• Real-Time Extremes

• Hottest 31.9 °C Argyle Aerodrome, WA

• Coldest 0.1 °C Mount Wellington, TAS

• Windiest 68.5km/h Mount Wellington, TAS

• Wettest (Last Hour) 0.6mm Cocos Island Airport.

Extract from Willyweather.

Cheers, Bobj.

The other day I noticed a (concurrent) 43 degree variation between the hottest and coldest place in Oz: it was 41 degrees somewhere in NW W.A.....and -2 on some Tasmanian mountain.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
A little too cool and wet for me I suspect. Especially it being mid summer and all. I noted the rain falling in Hobart yesterday, with the yachts arrival. Saying that though we had a shower or two and winds yesterday during the dog watch hours. Grey and non descript today. So not too far removed from Tasmania, I guess.

I was just saying to my other half that I prefer the cool drizzle of today over the heat (27C) on Christmas day. Mind you, I would probably start whinging if it was like this for more than a couple of days. That's why we moved here though ................. for the not quite so extreme weather. January and February are usually more settled.

I was just saying to my other half that I prefer the cool drizzle of today over the heat (27C) on Christmas day. Mind you, I would probably start whinging if it was like this for more than a couple of days. That's why we moved here though ................. for the not quite so extreme weather. January and February are usually more settled.

I quite enjoy the variety as we have experienced over recent times here in Perth. From the almost steaming with heat footpaths, to the almost tropical humidity of a particular day to the present couple days of cooler grey weather, not forgetting the 41 plus just the other day either.

I quite enjoy the variety as we have experienced over recent times here in Perth. From the almost steaming with heat footpaths, to the almost tropical humidity of a particular day to the present couple days of cooler grey weather, not forgetting the 41 plus just the other day either.

I experienced temps of 40C when we lived in Perth. I honestly don't remember it bothering me much - mind you I was a heck of a lot younger then. Even when the babies were born, I don't remember it bothering them either. Somehow we cope and just get on with it. It was dry heat though. It's humidity I find hard to deal with though my old neighbours in Perth tell me that Perth gets a bit of humidity now - far more so than in past years.

I experienced temps of 40C when we lived in Perth. I honestly don't remember it bothering me much - mind you I was a heck of a lot younger then. Even when the babies were born, I don't remember it bothering them either. Somehow we cope and just get on with it. It was dry heat though. It's humidity I find hard to deal with though my old neighbours in Perth tell me that Perth gets a bit of humidity now - far more so than in past years.

It does get more humid. I prefer it. Better for the skin and healthy to sweat a little. Dry, burning sun, ok, but not really for me over a prolonged period. Humidity, sheds any excess weight over time as well. Said to be good for both sinus and lungs.