New 2016-2016 Skilled Occupation List (SOL)

Sina

These are the changes:

Additions

• Orthotists and Prosthetists [251912]
  • Audiologists [252711]

Departures are:

• Mining Engineers (excluding petroleum) [233611]
  • Petroleum Engineers [233612]
  • Metallurgists [234912]
  • Environmental Health Officers [251311]
  • Occupational Health & Safety Advisers [251312]
  • Dental Hygienists [411211]
  • Dental Prosthetists [411212]
  • Dental Technicians [411213]
  • Dental Therapists [411214]

Cheers,

George Lombard

Still got all the trades on! They have to slow down, how many unemployed Electricians etc do they want!

Couldnt agree more we looking at moving back for exactly that reason after 3yrs of trying to change qualification over to oz recognised and struggling for work.

• 3 weeks later...

I've just got my invitation to apply for 189 visa today, I'm a dental hygienist! Does anybody know if this will affect my application? I'm doing the visa process without an agent, (to keep costs down) I'm guessing that because my application was prior to 1st July im still on the SOL? Any advise would be much appreciated ☺️

I've just got my invitation to apply for 189 visa today, I'm a dental hygienist! Does anybody know if this will affect my application? I'm doing the visa process without an agent, (to keep costs down) I'm guessing that because my application was prior to 1st July im still on the SOL? Any advise would be much appreciated ☺️

As long as you've been invited and then meet the criteria for your visa at the time you apply, you should be fine.

• 3 weeks later...

Bit of advice needed if anyone can help? I'm half way through my paediatric Nursing degree and the plan all being well is to come to Australia, at one point can you apply for visa's? Do I need to wait until I'm actually qualified to start the application?

Thanks in advance!

Bit of advice needed if anyone can help? I'm half way through my paediatric Nursing degree and the plan all being well is to come to Australia, at one point can you apply for visa's? Do I need to wait until I'm actually qualified to start the application?

Thanks in advance!

You can apply for a visa once you receive an invitation. To be invited, you need to submit an EOI and have evidence already in hand of meeting the criteria for at least 60 points plus a positive skills assessment. You can check the skills assessor's website what is required for a skills assessment, but completing your qualification would be mandatory. Many skills assessors require you to also have some post-qualification work experience.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi, I am a general accountant (NOC 2211) and planning to apply for Skill assessment, could you please advise if i will be able to clear skill assessment. Below are my additional details.

Total Experience : 9 yrs

IELTS : 8.5/7/7/6.6 (L/W/S/R)

Qualifications : B.Com (Pass) + MBA (Finance)

I believe I have covered all of the required subjects for 2211 NOC code but not sure if my IELTS score is sufficient to apply for Skill assessment?

Any guidance will be highly appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi Aisha,

The sad reality is that the NT is a small place in terms of population and that they're just not going to approve you without some justification. Better to research the job market in Sydney or Melbourne where the employed population is about 100 times larger. Come over on a recce if you need to find an employer or consider retraining, as many do.

Cheers,

George Lombard

Hi Aisha,

Many people do go for a 489 - ultimately you have to hope to find work but that's why you're coming anyway, I assume. Worth investigating whether there are DBA jobs in the NT. FWIW I think that the cloud would be more popular there than standalone data servers so you might want to show mastery of the appropriate technology given the isolation etc.

Cheers,

George Lombard