Guest guest36187

Hi Everyone

I know we are all sick to death of waiting for IMMI but for me now the big worry has now turned to the exchange rate....

I am furious that this Referendum and all the media hype around it is playing havoc with our future lives in Oz. The exchange rate takes a dive just because two stupid opinion polls suggest there may be a brexit. Investors look at totally unreliable polls and pull the plug on the uk pound. God help us if there is an out vote because we will be back to 1.5 dollars to the £! Rant over.....sorry we are having a really bad week, hoping for some better news soon.

Julie

I read somewhere on here a few months ago that apparently they normally receive a fraction over the yearly quota hence the lack of queue process that they have for non contributory. My fear is the same as yours. Assuming 30 June is year end then yes those in June and end of May - myself included - might be over the quota. However, if end of year is Dec then that might account for lack of movement over last Xmas. If anyone knows when year end is would love to hear as will make me either happy or sad Kim

Hi Kim, when we applied for PR (for those who don't know me, the dates that appear under my signature is that of my parents), we were approved in the beginning of June 2013,but immi had informed our agent that the quota was full and we will be granted visa at the beginning of July 2013, and so they did.

So, sorry to disappoint you but the cut off is June end. But I don't think it will effect you bcos you are way ahead of June end.

Judy.

Hi Kim, when we applied for PR (for those who don't know me, the dates that appear under my signature is that of my parents), we were approved in the beginning of June 2013,but immi had informed our agent that the quota was full and we will be granted visa at the beginning of July 2013, and so they did.

So, sorry to disappoint you but the cut off is June end. But I don't think it will effect you bcos you are way ahead of June end.

Judy.

Thanks for that - I kinda felt that was case as says 2015-2016 for year. I went back over my immi updates and last year between March 2015 and July 2015 - in this 4 1/2 months immi only progressed 2 months so not looking good. I just can't see why they won't just be honest and give out more information regarding likely progress - surely they must know to some degree - maybe not!! Kim

Hi Everyone

I know we are all sick to death of waiting for IMMI but for me now the big worry has now turned to the exchange rate....

I am furious that this Referendum and all the media hype around it is playing havoc with our future lives in Oz. The exchange rate takes a dive just because two stupid opinion polls suggest there may be a brexit. Investors look at totally unreliable polls and pull the plug on the uk pound. God help us if there is an out vote because we will be back to 1.5 dollars to the £! Rant over.....sorry we are having a really bad week, hoping for some better news soon.

Julie

Hi Julie

I totally agree with your comments - but we're powerless to do anything in this process and the exchange rate is quite ridiculous.

Chin up

Steve

just down the road. We are in a mates flat on Ipswich Marina as we sold out house last August. if your a golfer we should meet up lol

Morning Alan

I'm not a golfer I'm afraid!

Bowls is my game.

Steve

Edited by Steve2

Hi Everyone

Julie

Julie I know how you feel - luckily we had moved the money for our visa and this holiday while it was still at 2+ dollars but any chance of going straight home and selling our house is out of the window for now I think, never mind moving house money over. We weren't looking to move over for about twelve months but at this rate we won't be able to afford anything decent when we do. Grrrrr!

Hi Everyone

Julie

Good point Julie, we decided to send over the costs associated for our visa last year @2.12. looking at it this morning 1.89! Reckon we will only exchange enough to get by, until after the EU elections. That said, if we vote out, who knows where the pound might end up!

Hi Everyone

Julie

I started a post in news chats and dilemmas about the same thing Julie ,£ has plummeted like the proverbial stone and wondering if it will get worse ! On paper we have lost thousands over the last few weeks ,luckily we are dual citizens and returning to Oz so don't have the added worry of waiting for IMMI to make decisions !

Guest geordie joe
Woohoo! we have a case officer, I'm so excited daughter is going to centrelink tomorrow to hand in he AOS paperwork then hopefully we should be good to go.

Maisie

Great news Maisie, the end is in sight.

Hi we are here travelling round for last 15 months have just stayed at Wollongong and visited Kiama for the Jazz festival seems a lovely place to live lots of things going on and mainly free. Hope all goes well for you in the next few weeks , we have a long time to wait yet. Applied April 2015. Best wishes Lorraine

Vron

If you don't go for the CPV and end up on the normal parent visa your life will go on hold for a good few years waiting for that one to come through.

I know it's a lot of money for the CPV but we did it and moved here 19 months ago and we are 60 and 59.

I know we certainly would not put our lives on hold for the normal parent visa.

Good Luck with whatever you choose and Good Luck to everyone else on here

Caz

Hi we are the same age as yourselves and our daughter and son in law are applying to go to Oz. They are nearly there with there visas and I have been given mixed information about getting out there permanently to be with them. We would welcome any advice on CPV as I have been reading up on this, at first we were told to go for an investment visa but its to costly. How much is the CPV? We are going to meet the migration agent but not till next month. Can you supply any info on your own experience.

We have 3 more Case in between me and maisiedaisy not here in this forum but in cpv 143 tracker shows there are 3 more applicants with acknowledgement date 1 with 7th october and 2 applicants with 9th october

as maisiedaisy acknowledgement is 3rd october and mine is 10th october

Woohoo! ? we have a case officer, I'm so excited ? daughter is going to centrelink tomorrow to hand in he AOS paperwork then hopefully we should be good to go.

Maisie

Hi Maisie

i am thrilled for you. And guess what we have just exchanged contracts on our house about 30 mins ago. Come on IMMI!

Julie