Pet transport during the Christmas period

Hi, I have 2 small dogs, a Jack Russel and a Jack /Yorki cross, When my Jack had his initial Rabies vaccination 2008 , he had the lab work done, when I had the younger cross done last year, they only did the jab, I just assumed that was how it is now, unfortunately I found out a few weeks ago, that she needed to have her Rabies re-done and lab work, the dates of this now mean she cannot leave the country until 28th Dec, so my question is; Do airlines fly pets over this period.

I have also just read on PetairUk that the lab work needs to be less than 2 years old, my older dog had his approx 5 years ago, he has had all his Rabies boosters, My vet told me that as he had his lab work he didn't need it again. Please can anyone clarify this before I go into a mad panic : (

My 2 cats will fly around Christams and I have just checked this.

The flight restrictions will be different for the different airlines but the quarantine facility in Sydney will accept animals until 19th of December and then again in the first days of January but I am not sure when exactly. After 19th of December, animals can only be released from quarantine but not admitted in the facility.

I am using Air Canada and they allow me to fly the animals around Christmas only because it is a direct flight from Vancouver to Sydney, without a stopover in a different country. This is just an example, but most probably it is similar situation with other airlines.

Hi , I have looked on the Aus gov site and it says

• Three (3) yearly rabies vaccinations are acceptable.
  • As my older dog has had all his booster rabies does this mean that he is fine or still needs the full process repeated, his next rabies booster would be due next year,

Hi, when I took the smaller dog, my vet said the older one was fine, Its my own fault for not researching thoroughly beforehand,he had his last booster May 2012, as it stands I am taking him to the vets for his rabies jab this evening,This has caused a delay of at least a month, no big problem really.Thanks for replying