Dont know where to start....

Hi all, we have just applied for 190 visa and booking medicals; however dont know where to start with getting the dogs over to queensland. I am worried about timings etc of rabies tests and all the other processes. Does anyone know how long the tests last for and how long the results take for all clear etc. Also i understand that they have to be microchipped but is there anything else I should know about which I need to get moving with.

thanks

Paula

Sometimes your local family vet may not be the best person to ask, unless they are familiar with the migration progress and keep up today's with any changes.

Its best you start the process as far in advance as you can. Why not ring round the pet shipping companies, get quotes, read reviews, find out about the services they offer, some will do most of it all for you if that's what you prefer. They will certainly be best for guiding you.

Best wishes

Hey Paula

Sorry for the delay in replying have been crazy busy!

Right first job is to pick a rough date when you may travel over. then take 6-12 months before that and get the furballs microchipped/rabies vaccinated and then after 3-4 weeks after the vaccination get the rabies blood sample. That is the most important bit to get done so they can fly when you want them to fly.

Second job is to get quotes from pet shippers and start chatting to them. There is quite a lot of communication between you and your pet shipper way before the pets are ready to fly.

Hope that helps as a first stage!

Bob

http://www.petairuk.com

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Bob, thank you for your chat with us a while ago, and assuring me, who was really worried about our little dog that everything will be ok. Our little dog has flown with emirates and spent good day in Dubai resting. Se then safely arrived in Perth Wa and was well looked after in Byford. We have used PBS as we found them first but the chat with you with personal chat has put my mind at peace a bit and what you said came true, even though we still got a long way to go to make our dog Australian :)