Sending Cat back to UK

celticfae

Hello I brought my cat out here in 2011 he has struggled to adapt with the heat and we are looking at moving back to the uk and want to have him come back to UK he came over in approved crate/cage etc.. he is only 8 years old and was fully vacinated and given good health only problems here appears to be allergy to grass in NSW.. but if we were to send him back I have been told that he will be in quaranteen in UK for 6 months is that correct. He was only quaranteen here for the 31 days before we could collect him.

Please give us some advise :xmas23:

Hey

Your cat needs a microchip and rabies vaccination then checking before it flies back and hey presto - not one second of quarantine landing in UK, just pick your cat up (or we can do it) and go straight home.

There are pet shippers in Australia called Petcarriers and Dogtainers who can both help you fly your cat back and will confirm this to you.

Anything else let us know

Hello I brought my cat out here in 2011 he has struggled to adapt with the heat and we are looking at moving back to the uk and want to have him come back to UK he came over in approved crate/cage etc.. he is only 8 years old and was fully vacinated and given good health only problems here appears to be allergy to grass in NSW.. but if we were to send him back I have been told that he will be in quaranteen in UK for 6 months is that correct. He was only quaranteen here for the 31 days before we could collect him.

Please give us some advise :xmas23:

Did he have the heartworm injection , that gives a big allergic reaction , same with my border collie Robbie , he was here 6 months then got very allergic red paws after loads of steroids etc we just managed it , he died nov 2011 , I looked into the heart pro injection and it can give bad allergic reactions ( it's 12 months of drugs in one it ) robs only started when he had the injection. We moved areas at the time and mistakenly put it down to this

Wow thanks Bob,

He had all the shots and vet checks and everything to come to Oz ... does he need to get jabbed again for Hendra virus or Rabbies ??? already had these in UK has been in australia sincee July 2011 if that helps ??

thanks your giving us great information...

And Mongrel thats so sad to hear the heartbreak you went through with your dog... you pets become part of the family hey !!

Dear Celticfae

Cats did not need a rabies vaccination to enter Australia in 2011, so he may not have had it. But as long as it is still valid then it is ok. He only needs the vaccination 21 days before he enters UK so you can get it done soon and it wont hold you up.

I have no idea what Hendra virus is so he does not need it to come back to UK.

Bob