13 month old West Highland White

Guest saffyalice

Guest saffyalice

Hello there

Just wondering what the cost of our little westie would be to move her to perth!

what we have to do etc

kind regards

sam

Dear SaffyAlice

Price for flight ticket and crate will be around £1200, but by the time you include vet work, permits and quarantine it will end up costing you around £2500-3000 in total.

Really the first thing to do is to decide when you may be going over, then get a rabies vaccination and blood sample for your dog between 6-12 months before your dog goes over, then get quotes from shippers and start making plans

Your westie will need rabies vaccination and rabies blood sample ideally between 6-12 months before the flight, then blood samples again within 30 days of the flight, your dog will need an import permit/export papers and at least 30 days in quarantine on landing.

If you need any more help then let us know.

Bob

http://www.petairuk.com

Guest Shell15
Hello there

Just wondering what the cost of our little westie would be to move her to perth!

what we have to do etc

kind regards

sam

Hi, the cheapest i have found is with www.passportforpets.com £963.16 (with paperwork about £1800) you do however have to organise paper work etc but they do offer help in doing so. Saves you a fortune in the long run!so long as your prepared to organise most things. They do offer help assistance..

Guest saffyalice

Thanks for your reply Bob

These companies to use do they sort everything from begining to end?

Also call me thick but Daisy is already Microchipped with our details here in the UK does she need another?

I just dont know what to do for the best!

We love her dearly but wonder if we should put her through this?

Dear Saffyalice

I am not sure what you mean!

The prices i gave you £2500-£3000 was all in and to include your shipping/vet work/flight/crate and quarantine fees. So that you had a good idea of what it will cost in total. Pet shippers all offer to do different levels of service. Passport for pets are great, but offer a really low estimated headline rate/free travel kennel and offering to beat any comparable quote, then by the time you add the bits on it becomes as expensive as anyone.

All people shipping their pets should definitely get lots of quotes - quotes from different companies, quotes for the shippers to do the blood samples and paperwork and compare that to doing it yourself.

The chip Daisy has now is just perfect, but if she goes to Oz you will need to change the details on the database to your details in OZ.

In terms of putting her through this - it is a big deal (flight and at least 30 days quarantine) but they do recover from it and 99% of people who fly their pets would definitely do it again having done it once. The key other thing is if you have someone in UK who would take Daisy and you know they would spoil her then that is a really good option. You know she is going to be loved and you dont have to put her through the flight and quarantine.

Bob