taking 3 cats over

Guest 3catslove

Hi, we brought our three cats over in November from Staffordshire to Sydney.

Firstly I would say use a pet shipping agent, they will take all the hassle out of the transfer for you and deal with all the paperwork. We used Golden Arrow in Shropshire and were more than happy with their service. Of course there are many other good pet shipping services out there.

As our three moggies landed before 1st Jan, they didn't have to have the rabies vaccinations, but any pet landing in Australia now has to have rabies the rabies vaccinations. I would talk to your vet about this sooner rather than later and hopefully they will be able to get you sorted out.

They also need to be microchiped and up to date with their usual vaccinations as well.

From memory, it cost about £2500 give or take a couple of £, for the shipping costs and then there is the cost of the quarantine of 30 days for three cats which was about £2k. Bear in mind only two cats can share in quarantine, so one will always be on their own for the 30 days.

Hope this helps.

Guest 3catslove

Thanks I will scout around for quotes, did the cats settle well in aus? Also were you renting then and if you did, was it difficult to get a place? Some said only two cats allowed in rental plc, some said we need to pay pet bond. Thanks Again for replying .

Hi, they have settled in well.

We are renting a house, it didn't seem to be too much of a problem. The agents just got us to sign a pet clause in the agreement so any carpets need to be cleaned on leaving and we can only have the three cats stated. If one of them goes we can't just replace them, we have to get permission.

I'm not sure if you would be allowed them in flats or managed properties with communal facilities.

I took the decision that if the property doesn't say 'no pets' then go view and just have an honest chat to the agent at the time.

Hey 3 cats Love

I was chatting to someone at a conference at the weekend and their cats will end up being about £2500 plus the cost of quarantine. I am not sure if you have contacted us, but we can do everything (permits/papers/collections/flight tickets and crates) or a little depending on what you would like.

Give us a shout if we can help

Bob