TVs and PVRs from the UK do not work in Aus and visa versa - wanna swap?

Belindajf

Are you moving to Australia?j

Please be aware TVs and DVDs form the UK do not work over there and like wise visa versa. Unfortunately I didn't know and seeing as Audio Visual equipment is so expensive in Australia, when I moved back to the Uk from Aus, I foolishly brought it all with me!

I have 2x Panasonic PVRs and 3x TVs to sell or preferably do a like for like exchange;

1x Panasonic DMR-XW450 - £ 250

1x Panasonic DMR-PWT635 - £ 400

1x LG 55" 3D LED LCD Smart TV - £ 800

1x Samsung 42" LCD TV - £ 200

1x Hisense 42" LCD TV - £ 150

No I'm afraid they do not - The Aus system is PAL and the U.K. is PAL1 - it is different internal hardware and not software- if you don't believe me feel free to call LG, Panasonic, Samsung as I called them all. The equipment I have is very good and in pristine condition so I would keep it if it worked here! I'm gutted it doesn't ?

Edited by Belindajf

PAL is the analogue TV standard, which I think has been turned off in both UK and Australia, in favour of the digital system. If the TV has a digital tuner I believe the settings for Germany work in Australia, alternatively buy a new set top box or PVR.

The LG TV is 6 months old and the LG technician confirmed that LG TVs, the same as all other brands, are regionally locked - I really don't want to debate it here, I know what I am talking about as I am sitting with a house full of excellent equipment in pristine condition that I am gutted does not pick up any signal outside of Asia - so for those who are moving to Aus this post is for you, not people who feel the need to tell me I don't know what I am talking about!

Of course TVs from the UK will work in Australia - and vice versa. If they didn't we'd have a lot more people whinging about it.

Here are some other threads where people have asked the question and in all cases there is a solution or work-around to non-working UK TVs here.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/household/244643-will-my-tv-work-oz.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/household/233961-will-uk-tv-work-oz.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/household/136816-do-uk-tvs-work-oz.html

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/household/223584-uk-tvs.html

Ok people, lets not argue here. This is the For Sale/wanted section. If the OP is advertising something, I think you've made your points so lets move on.

Let me try again - if you are already in Aus then don't worry about this - this post really is not for you! - I have moved back from Aus TO the UK and the AV equipment I BOUGHT IN AUS sadly does not work here - I can promise you if you are in the UK, your PVR will not work there so IF you would like to swap with me I have pristine equipment I can not use here - I have spoken to LG, Samsung and Panasonic and they all confirm what I have said here. I am really not asking for anyone's opinion, thanks anyway.

In case I wasn't clear enough in my earlier post in this thread...

This is the For Sale/Wanted section. Its not a debate section nor is it for you to wade in and argue with the seller. Some of you had made your point that your experience did not mirror the OP's, in fact quite the opposite. However I did post asking for the debate to stop but it was ignored/missed.

OP, as has been said, many others do not have the issues you have expeienced with your equipment. This is their experience I appreciate it is not your own. I hope you are able to find soneobe to swap with you.