Wanted household good in Brisbane

Dazzle

Hi

We've just arrived in Brisbane (Family of 4) form the UK and hopefully taking up rental house in the next few days.

We are only here for the next year and so not keen on spending the earth on furniture/ appliances. We need the lot! Starting from scratch

Cheers

Darryl

I find most second hand goods on Gumtree and the like to be very expensive. For example we wanted a decent dining table and chairs when we arrived. All the local ads were 80%+ of the full price. We ended up buying new in the sale as it was cheaper.

If you really don't mind things in not so great condition then you should find cheap things. Also there are bargains to be had, and we got a great deal on a fridge, but you have to be a bit lucky.

I am not meaning to sound negative but I found the second hand market to be very different to the UK where things depreciate very quickly.

Hi Dazzle

we're at Bribie about an hour North of Brisbane & are selling quite a lot of stuff.

We still have left

White bedside tables X 2 $40

White wooden Coffee table $40

White Tv table $20

Computer desk $30

Front loader washing machine (18 months old) $150

Kids beds X 2 incl mattresses $20 ea

All v cheap prices :)

If you're interested in amything let me know & I can put up photos

Hello Darryl

What part of Brisbane? Because friends have a Simpson 7.5kg heavy duty top loader washing machine to give away to a good home. But they're in the North Lakes area (post code 4509). If you're going to be north side of Brisbane, we can help collect & deliver because we have 6' x 4' trailer. PM me if you're interested, please.