need dog friendly house in Melbourne

Guest ebuckland

Guest ebuckland

Hi

We are moving from NZ to Melbourne in Jan 2009 and need some advice on finding a dog friendly rental. Our dog has references from two rentals here in NZ and we have also got great references.

We will be working in the CBD and would love some advice on what suburbs have good train/tram connections to the Flinders Street area of the CBD. We really want to be not too far out of the city and have friends in Elwood so that area is a possibility for us.

My partner works for Flight Centre and I am a graphic designer. We can move earlier than Jan if a house becomes available. Ideally our budget goes up to $550 for a rental and we would love some kind of courtyard or garden.

People have told us we will struggle to find a dog friendly rental and we are hoping this is not the case as we will not leave our lovely dog behind :)

I hope there are people on this forum that can offer some advice and we look forward to hearing from you.

Thanks

Guest The Pom Queen

Hi and welcome to PIO.

We can help with short term pet friendly accommodation, and we also have contacts in the South East for long term pet friendly rentals with the rental agents down here but nothing for Long term in the Elwood area I am afraid. There is a house that I posted on here yesterday, it is $500 and has land and an indoor swimming pool and they are more than happy to accept pets. http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=5877800# however, this house is 50km away from Elwood

If all else fails you could always board your dog until you manage to find yourself a pet friendly rental, try looking at www.melbourne-petminders.com.au

You will find a lot of landlords will accept a dog if it is kept outdoors, to me this is not ideal as I love animals in my care to be part of the family but if it means you can all be together then maybe it's worth considering.

Guest ebuckland

Hi moving2melbourne

Thanks for your reply, we actually don't mind not living in Elwood it was just a place we thought would be nice. I am open to all suggestions of places to live as long as I can get into the cbd by train or tram. I will check out the link you provided and I really appreciate your suggestion of keeping the dog outdoors. We are happy to do this if the house is right!

I am sure I will be in touch with you again over the next couple of months, and if you happen to hear of anything then please let me know.

Thanks again, you have all been so helpful I can't wait to get to Melbourne now :)

Guest The Pom Queen
Hi moving2melbourne

Thanks for your reply, we actually don't mind not living in Elwood it was just a place we thought would be nice. I am open to all suggestions of places to live as long as I can get into the cbd by train or tram. I will check out the link you provided and I really appreciate your suggestion of keeping the dog outdoors. We are happy to do this if the house is right!

I am sure I will be in touch with you again over the next couple of months, and if you happen to hear of anything then please let me know.

Thanks again, you have all been so helpful I can't wait to get to Melbourne now :)

I will pm you some contact information.

Archived