457 processing times

Guest dazla

Guest lowries

Hi Daz,

me and my husband applied for our 457 visa in January this year and according to our migration agent it can take between 9 and 12 months however on this visa you need employer sponsorship (have you got one) this is the stubbling block for us, my husband works as a production manager and i work for the NHS as an Outpatient Supervisor. We are applying for jobs all over the shop but don't seem to get much response.

let me know if you know of any sponsorship schemes.

good luck

Sarah

Guest dazla

Hi Sarah

I do have sponsorship from an employer, I applied for the job directly it wasn`t through a scheme

Darrell

Guest dave&donna

Sarah 9 to 12 months?????

Darrell some people say they have got their 457 through in 6 weeks so it can be really fast but I think the average is about 3 months. Ours was going really fast but now it's been delayed by about 6 weeks as immi want me to have a full medical but our company expected it to take 9 to 12 weeks without that delay.

Good luck

Donna x

Hi Daz

My husband's firm are sending us over on a 457 visa.

We were told it would take 6-8 weeks for visas to come through but it only took four and a half! How amazing was that?!

I hope yours is just as quick.

We're off to Melbourne in just over 2 weeks - YAY, counting the days!

Guest lowries

Hi Donna,

i understand what your saying and yes i know the 457 is a quick visa but only if you can secure sponsorship and although we are trying really hard nothing seems to be happening! Did you use/using an agent? we are using thinkingaustralia who market themselves really well but we had to send a stern email to the director in order to get some response from our appointed agent so hence the 9-12 months.

if you can advise on anything towards the process i would greatly recieve.

cheers

Sarah

Guest lowries

Hi Darrell

thats great, well done! it shouldn't be that long then. What kind of work do you do? Did you do the application yourself or did you use an agent? I anticipated 9-12 months to include the job search. We are having difficulty finding a sponsor and also we don't seem to get much response from the jobs we do apply for, is this the norm.

cheers

Sarah

Guest dave&donna

Hi Sarah

what do you and oh do? Sorry if I sounded flippant about the time it takes I suppose it all really depends on so many things. We were really lucky and looked on google.au and came across hotfrog.au which lists companies under different fields in each state and we searched and found some companies in Dave's field of hydraulic lifts and emailed 3 and they all got back. We never used an agent for the 457 as the company we chose to go with have sorted it all out for us.

I supposed it's the chicken and the egg thing - do you find a company or agent first? Just my own personal opinion I would say find a company and that way you don't have to pay anything up front and you never know if you find a company they might pay for everything for you.

Good luck and anything I can help with let me know :wubclub:

Donna x

Guest lowries

Hi Donna,

thanks for yur reply and no you dint (from Sheffield) sound flippant at all, as i said any advice greatly recieved!! i work as an outpatient supervisor for the NHS and Andrew is a Production Manager for the manufacturing industry.i will have a look at the website you sent and thanks for that, hopefully something soon will rear it's ugly head. where are you hoping to go to, my first choice is Perth as i have family there and have been twice and love it but really anywhere in the first instance will do. we did wonder if they could sponsor us but because our work isn't skilled(tho you wouldn't think it)we can't use them.anyway i'll check out the link.

thanks again and good luck let me know how it goes.

cheers

Sarah

Archived