Good areas to live near Sydney

Guest Shenanigans

Guest Shenanigans

Hi All,

Hope someone can advice on the following areas around Sydney. I will be travelling to Sydney on a sponsored visa which will mean i will have to pay school fees for my kids. i will be working in the CBD area and I'm happy to commute up to 30/40 mins in rush hour traffic. The area's I have found are Hunters Hill, Riverview, North Parramatta, Surry Hills, Stanmore, Darlinghurst. it's these area which I have found good schools which is very important to me and we Ideally would like a gated development. Any advice would be great. Also I did look on the Sydney Herald rental section in theses area's and it was quoting rents a $2000/$3000 but it didn't say if this was weekly or monthly can anyone advice if is monthly than I can afford this if its weekly we will be camping lol.

I'm also looking for a short term rental while I await my visa which will take 6 weeks once I arrive. Can anyone advice on serviced appartments or the most cost effective options.

Thanks

Sarah.:spinny:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest chico70
Hi All,

Hope someone can advice on the following areas around Sydney. I will be travelling to Sydney on a sponsored visa which will mean i will have to pay school fees for my kids. i will be working in the CBD area and I'm happy to commute up to 30/40 mins in rush hour traffic. The area's I have found are Hunters Hill, Riverview, North Parramatta, Surry Hills, Stanmore, Darlinghurst. it's these area which I have found good schools which is very important to me and we Ideally would like a gated development. Any advice would be great. Also I did look on the Sydney Herald rental section in theses area's and it was quoting rents a $2000/$3000 but it didn't say if this was weekly or monthly can anyone advice if is monthly than I can afford this if its weekly we will be camping lol.

I'm also looking for a short term rental while I await my visa which will take 6 weeks once I arrive. Can anyone advice on serviced appartments or the most cost effective options.

Thanks

Hi Sara

We moved from Sydney to QLD last year and werelibving in the North Parramatta, Oatlands, Carlingford area. Oatlands is a very nice area. Rents should be anything around $300 to $600 per week.

Hope this helps.

Take care

Mary

Guest chico70

Hi Sarah

I replied to you earlier this evening. I forgot to let you know Burnside Gardens Nth Parramatta is a gated estate as well as Hunterford Estate in Oatlands.

Hope this helps, if you have any questions please ask.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest ozlass
Hi All,

Thanks

Hi Sarah

Have a look at the post I just put on for Dee Why. There are express buses in to the city from here and it is a good area for schools too. Safe for kids to get around here. You can be in the city in 35 mins. Much better for children over this side than the western suburbs. Otherwise Surry Hills, Darlinghurst are nice if you like inner city living. It's the best of both worlds here, beach and convenience. By the way, driving from the CBD in rush hour anywhere in 30 mins isn't possible! You'll see what I mean about that when you're here. It's actually quicker by bus (bus lanes). Good luck.

Archived