So where is a good place to live?

Guest Transcend

Guest Transcend

After the exhaustion of completely redecorating our house (nearly finished!) and sorting out 20 odd years of stuff, we are now trying to establish where a good place to live would be. :spinny:

We're an outgoing and creative family with 3 children, aged 15 13 & 10 and having gone through our finances with a fine tooth comb, reckon we will be able to pay $700-800pw rent. (Keeping aside sufficient money for a good Sauvignon Blanc of course!) :wacko:

I've researched Davidson High School, Frenchs Forrest (as they take part in the Rock Challenge which the older 2 girls do in UK). It was interested to find that people travel from all over to see the residents Xmas lights in Davidson.....however, not sure i want to do all that having just arrived! (Expecting to come end of Nov) Also found it a bit weird that 82% of the residents of Davidson or Frenchs Forrest (can't remember which it was) send their kids out of the area to private schools! Hmmmm.... should i deduce that the people of that area are a little snooty or is it something else? Also a bit concerned how bushy it is round Davidson....thinking forrest fires here....don't want to wake up dead do we? :no:Can anyone enlighten us of what life is like in this area?

Have also looked at Killara High, Kai-Ring-Gai. YOu have to live in Gordon, Killara, Lindfield or Roseville to get into this school. Looks good but area seems a little pricey. Again, does anyone know what it's like there?

Have also looked at Turramurra High, Ku-ring-gai. Looks like a lively, smiley co-ed, with an informative website, which is what we want, but again, does anyone know the reality of the place?

I now have a big fat folder of crime statistics and socio econimic listings but as a real life human, realise that this really doesn't give the full picture! All help and local first hand knowledge of life in Northern Beaches suburbs is most welcome!!! (Or anywhere else of natural beauty where OH can commute easily to Ryde for his new job).

Thank yooooooooooooo!

:jiggy:

Katherine (& Geoff)

X

Archived