C.V. for renting a house

Mazza227

I have been advised that it is a good thing to have some kind of resume for when we move out, as this can help to secure a rental property. Just wondered if this has helped anyone here, and also wondered if they may have one they have done that they could share so I can try and do one for my family and have some kind of template to work from. (Trying to do this sort of thing while waiting for visa and nothing to do!)

Guest The Pom Queen

Rather than a cv I would just make sure you have an application form already complete before you view the property, attach copies of your passport, and if you have a healthy bank statement a copy of that, also if you can get written UK references copy them and attach them.

Thanks. We may well try and secure something before we move. Our friends that live out there did the same (his brother looked around for them) and they have offered to do the same for us. Obviously they will know what we are looking at spending, and what sort of house etc. as will hopefully buy somewhere within the 1st year so it would only be a short term rental anyway. So do you think we should send them copies of passports etc that you have advised?

Guest The Pom Queen
Thanks. We may well try and secure something before we move. Our friends that live out there did the same (his brother looked around for them) and they have offered to do the same for us. Obviously they will know what we are looking at spending, and what sort of house etc. as will hopefully buy somewhere within the 1st year so it would only be a short term rental anyway. So do you think we should send them copies of passports etc that you have advised?

Just be warned some agents in some states will not let others view the property for you, but maybe if your friends agent did it for them that would be a great start.

That is putting an awful lot of pressure and responsibility on someone else. And you might be secretly annoyed with them if it doesn't pan out as you hope. Why would you not wait and pick your own place to live!

To your original question, never heard of a rental CV before, but it is useful to have some packs of information put together, ID, savings, job contracts etc topped off with a cover note about yourself.

That is putting an awful lot of pressure and responsibility on someone else. And you might be secretly annoyed with them if it doesn't pan out as you hope. Why would you not wait and pick your own place to live!

To your original question, never heard of a rental CV before, but it is useful to have some packs of information put together, ID, savings, job contracts etc topped off with a cover note about yourself.

i was was looking into furnished rentals but they said that so e other friends of theirs did that and struggled to secure a rental during that time, causing a lot of stress for them as they had to find another furnished rental as the one they were staying in was already booked after them! They insisted on doing it for us! I know what you mean though,but I do trust them.

Maybe the cover note about us is what she meant, will sort some paperwork out for it all, thanks

• 3 weeks later...
i was was looking into furnished rentals but they said that so e other friends of theirs did that and struggled to secure a rental during that time,

Most people who book with us do so for 4 weeks, and we have not yet had anyone stay who has failed to get a rental in that time. So maybe if you can get a furnished rental for 4 weeks, that should be OK.

BB

i was was looking into furnished rentals but they said that so e other friends of theirs did that and struggled to secure a rental during that time, causing a lot of stress for them as they had to find another furnished rental as the one they were staying in was already booked after them! They insisted on doing it for us! I know what you mean though,but I do trust them.

Maybe the cover note about us is what she meant, will sort some paperwork out for it all, thanks

I also misunderstood you earlier, I thought you meant your friends were going to find your rental for you, not some short stay accommodation for a few weeks!

I agree with buzzy-bee on this one, it is not that hard to find a rental. I have rarely seen anyone on the forums indicate that it has taken more than two or three weeks.

I also misunderstood you earlier, I thought you meant your friends were going to find your rental for you, not some short stay accommodation for a few weeks!

I agree with buzzy-bee on this one, it is not that hard to find a rental. I have rarely seen anyone on the forums indicate that it has taken more than two or three weeks.

No you were right 1st time @Bungo they offered to find us a long term rental so we could move straight in there and cut out a more expensive furnished short term rental. I think I need to have a proper chat with hubby as he is trying to cut costs too much I feel. He doesn't want to hire a car on arrival either, insisting we can use trains and friends give us a list, however I don't like to rely on people/public transport that much especially as will be nice to drive around for a couple of weeks to see areas etc.

Yes I meant a short term let whilst we look around etc

Well that is easy enough : motel, hotel, boarding house, backpackers hostel, YHA hostel, airbnb, stayz, serviced apartments, gumtree, roomorama, guest house, bed & breakfast, or caravan park that has caravans and cabins onsite.

Check out:

http://www.hostelbookers.com/hostels/australia/adelaide/?&gclid=CLTEsqqb2scCFdglvQodDx4Idg

https://flatmates.com.au/granny-flats/adelaide/short-term

http://www.adelaidebound.com/shorttermaccommodation.html

http://www.homeaway.com.au/holiday-rental/p3685276?flspusage=fl

http://www.midwayapartments.com.au/apartments/index.html

We stayed in a backpackers for six weeks on arrival. Shared a dorm (bunk beds) for the first two weeks with other travelers and when that got too unbearable :laugh: moved into a double room for more privacy. Some backpackers also have share type family rooms.

If staying in a hostel, you can use Kennards or similar for storing all your stuff and personal effects: http://www.kss.com.au

No you were right 1st time @Bungo they offered to find us a long term rental so we could move straight in there and cut out a more expensive furnished short term rental. I think I need to have a proper chat with hubby as he is trying to cut costs too much I feel. He doesn't want to hire a car on arrival either, insisting we can use trains and friends give us a list, however I don't like to rely on people/public transport that much especially as will be nice to drive around for a couple of weeks to see areas etc.

OK, got you. Well I agree that maybe hubby is cutting costs too much. The whole thing is a very expensive business and short term accomodation and a car hire are just part and parcel of the move. I think public transport is not going to help you with the house viewings, you will need to do yourself a schedule and get from one house to the next in say thirty minutes, you need to be able to drive. Also having the freedom to drive around the suburbs, off the main roads will give you a better feel for where to live. Friends could drive you about I suppose, I would quite enjoy doing that for someone, even taking the to house viewings, but it might get old after one or two weekends!