suburbs in queensland for kids

gemmae31

Hi, and welcome to the forum.

Your question is much too broad for a useful answer. Queensland is a huge state and there would be very few suburbs in any of the cities that wouldn't be great for children. Perhaps you meant to ask about Brisbane. If that's the case, it's a very spread out city and you'll need to narrow it down to where you'll be working or at the very least, to N, S, E or W of the city and a rough idea of your budget for accommodation.

If you're looking at Brisbane, there is a large Northside/Southside division, with everyone pitching in for their favourite location - I've lived in Greenslopes, Mount Gravatt, Tarragindi Carindale and now Sherwood (renting is stressful here but I'm good at packing now!). I'd describe all as family friendly - But the important thing for your sanity is ease of access to your point of work. And don't be fooled by driving distances... what looks like a short distance into the city can be hell on earth at commuting times, so my tip is always choose somewhere on the busway or near a train station if you can.

I personally would research the areas in Queensland that provide you with the best job opportunities for your skills and then narrow it down from there . Children will generally settle well if their parents are settled, the opportunities for children are plentiful , but job prospects for their parents are dependendant on choosing an area wisely . good luck on your journey