Where to rent in North East Melbourne

Guest al8565

Guest al8565

Hello,

We're moving to Melbourne in mid-April, I will be working near Collingwood station, so we were thinking of renting somewhere along the Epping or Hurstbridge lines. Can anyone recommend good areas for a young family of 4, eldest is 5 in January so have to start thinking about schools. And we have a dog which we hope can live with us rather than kennels somewhere.

Was thinking of Greensborough or Eltham, as I'm guessing a suitable distance out to make suitable for a family.

oh, and are the fire zones something to avoid, or just be aware of.

Thanks in advance......

If you work near Collingwood Station you would be better off living in Greensborough than Eltham because the peak hour trains that go beyond Greensborough don't stop at Collingwood. But that is only applicable if you can walk to the station. Greensborough station car park fills early - others drive to Watsonia and park there - and if you are already driving you can live further afield.

Rosanna's also pretty good too :) As is Heidelberg. Eltham's lovely - my sister lives there :)

You could always catch a train from Eltham to Heidelberg and then change to a stopping-all-stations.

Fire zones are just something to be aware of, not to avoid - make sure you've got a fire plan and everyone knows about it and you're all good !

Guest al8565

Thanks for the quick replies, hadn't considered the train wouldn't stop at all stations. But have found the timetable, Rosanna to Collingwood doesn't take too long. Will check Heidelberg, Greensbrough and Rosanna online. Cheers...

I live in Rosanna and my husband works in Collingwood. It takes him 20 mins on the train. We moved here 14 months ago with our 5yr old and 3 yr old. I would highly recommend the area for families. Great parklands, a good library, some lovely cafes and near to Northland shopping centre. My Daughter has just started at Rosanna Golf Links Primary, which is a lovely school. My son attends Interlaken kinder which is also great, they still have a couple of places available for this yr. I would also recommend Ivanhoe, some parts of Macleod, Montmorency and Eltham, all are on the Hurstbridge line. I also like the look of Diamond Creek though I must admit I've only ever driven through it. Feel free to Pm me if you have any other questions I might be able to answer for you. Good luck with your move.