5 weeks in

Aus bound maybe

Hi guys

i posted here a while ago after some advise on the 400 visa I had been offered, so thought it only fair I provide an update.

well I know I have not emigrated and am only here for 3 months but it was a tester visit really to see if perth Western Australia really would be a better place for me and my young familly.

Well after only 5 weeks here we LOVE it, Perth has everything you want from a major city but the added bonus within an hour you can literally be in the middle of now where with amazing beaches almost all to your self.

also with the climate and lifestyle we have seen so far I am 100% sure this is a better lifestyle for our children growing up.

and although I've seen so many posts about how expensive WA can be, in reality I don't think there are massive differences with how uk prices currently are, so with the higher salarys available (in my role anyway) me and my familly are no worse off than in the uk, but defiantly have a better lifestyle here.

so when we get back to the uk it will be straight to see a migration agent and start the long task of turning our part time experiment into a full time reality.

guess for some leaving familly would be hard but for us this will not be an issue due to some unfortunate events (finally found the silver lining for that lol)

hope per everyone is well

Hi guys

i posted here a while ago after some advise on the 400 visa I had been offered, so thought it only fair I provide an update.

well I know I have not emigrated and am only here for 3 months but it was a tester visit really to see if perth Western Australia really would be a better place for me and my young familly.

Well after only 5 weeks here we LOVE it, Perth has everything you want from a major city but the added bonus within an hour you can literally be in the middle of now where with amazing beaches almost all to your self.

also with the climate and lifestyle we have seen so far I am 100% sure this is a better lifestyle for our children growing up.

and although I've seen so many posts about how expensive WA can be, in reality I don't think there are massive differences with how uk prices currently are, so with the higher salarys available (in my role anyway) me and my familly are no worse off than in the uk, but defiantly have a better lifestyle here.

so when we get back to the uk it will be straight to see a migration agent and start the long task of turning our part time experiment into a full time reality.

guess for some leaving familly would be hard but for us this will not be an issue due to some unfortunate events (finally found the silver lining for that lol)

hope per everyone is well

Glad you love it too! Now sssshhhh it's a secret :wink::laugh: Go back and tell everyone how awful it is!

Good to hear you are enjoying your time here. The declining dollar has certainly improved things if comparing in US $ or GBP. Perth was rated last year though the 21st most expensive city in the world. If you do a city comparison between London and Sydney to Perth you will find them all comparable price wise.

On the other hand the declining dollar will impact on salary if converting it back into GBP. Houses are the big kick. Expensive by any measurement unless living far out.

Hi flag

houses do seen expensive but if compared to living in London and the traffic there, I can get more for my money here with a similar commute if not shorter

and as I have lived in severel different countries over the years one thing I have always found helpful is to NOT compare things by just changing the currency as in aus I'm not earning £, I've always found it more useful to work out how long I physically have to work to pay for things and use this to compare