Nursing in Queensland

Guest kelly13

Guest kelly13

Hi There!

I hope to start work with Queensland health as a band 5 staff nurse with three years experience. I have been told I will earn around $52 000 per anum (excluding shift allowances and salary sacrifice). Can anyone tell me how much this will equate to in "take home weekly income". Are there any Queensland health nurses out there that can shead some light on this? Any advice would be great.:sad:

Thanks, Kelly

Guest the1rab

Hi

try this link CareerOne

i have used it a few times to see what i would take home on $52 000 you would take home $790/week if the web site is correct

regards

Rab

Guest paulhayleyswales

Hi, I'm currently just awaiting my visa before starting work with QHA myself. As I'm sure you know, Australian nursing does not have 'bands' as we have in England. Your salary depends on how many years you have post registration. QHA will appoint you as a Nursing Officer level 1, within level 1 there are various pay points. I'm a band 6 over here in UK with 5 years post reg and according to my QHA contract will start on aroung $57000 plus the same allowances. That equates to around £1400 take home per month here in the UK. Don't forget in QHA pay fortnightly based on a contracted 76 hours. My advice is you get a letter off your UK employer stating salary, start and finish dates. Once you have this, forward it to your QHA human resources and they should be able to tell you exactly what you'll get. Hope this helps, good luck.

Hi There!

I hope to start work with Queensland health as a band 5 staff nurse with three years experience. I have been told I will earn around $52 000 per anum (excluding shift allowances and salary sacrifice). Can anyone tell me how much this will equate to in "take home weekly income". Are there any Queensland health nurses out there that can shead some light on this? Any advice would be great.:sad:

Thanks, Kelly

Hello Kelly! Try posting your thread that you posted by clicking Living & Working in Australia then click Jobs & Careers then click on Official Nurses Thread, there are lot of Nurses there. Hope this will help you :v_SPIN:

Hi Kelly

I`m also waiting for 457 visa to work with QLD Health. Have a job in Southport ED on Gold Coast. Where are you heading to ? When did you have your interview ? Feels like it`s taking forever now. Good Luck. Somehow don`t think I`ll be too rich out there but am sure it`ll be worth it.

• 4 months later...
Guest deb31deb

HI have you moved to aus yet ? I have also been offered a job southport campus gold coast. Could you tell me is this in the same grounds as the gold coast hospital and if working there what is it like ? what is your field ?

• 3 weeks later...
Guest mikerandells

That would be better to you and you will get your payee as you thinked.Because that you are starting a business of hospital.It compulsory develops.

==================================

miker

SuperBabyGuide

Guest The Pixie

Hi, the letter also needs to state how many hours you have worked since you have registered. Qld Health is quite dogmatic, there is no room for any one to 'make up their own mind' they go from an agreed set of figures full time hours for a year = an increment, part time hours are added up and you click into the next increment when you have clocked up the hours.

Archived