Recommendations for Brisbane (Inner Suburbs)

Ferrets

Hi all,

We are now at the point where house is sold in the UK, work is finished, and we are doing a tour of relatives for a few weeks before getting our flights out. We had planned to get a rental apartment in Kangaroo Point for 6 months, but are now concerned that this will not really be workable with our two highly excitable children (3 & 2).

We've hit a bit of a wall as to what our strategy would be, but know a 30~40 minute commute to the CBD is the max, which I think knocks out some other suburbs that have been discussed in another thread. At this stage, although we don't have work lined up we have a budget for buying a house in the range of AUD $800k-$1m.

My thoughts are that we try to identify where we would like to live ideally, rent there for 6 months and then hopefully complete the purchase of a house within that time frame, though realistically it's more likely to be 12.

Key requirements are;

1) Great local Kindy / Schooling

2) Lots of family friendly open spaces (could be beach or parks)

3) Local Sports clubs, ideally rowing or cycling, but something to get stuck right into

I don't know where we will end up working, but assume CBD at the moment, and therefore thoughts as to the most likely to hit those requirements would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Ferrets

Hi,

To be honest there are so many suburbs within the 3-5kms range of the CBD that cover your requirements. Both Northern or Southern suburbs. Maybe look at New Farm, Teneriffe, Spring Hill Paddington, Auchenflower, Coorparoo, Norman Park, East Brisbane, West End. I could go on and on. Each of these are all great suburbs and would give you what you need. if you need how any further questions i'm happy to help.

Thanks both for your responses.

John, we hadn't thought that far north because to be honest we have no idea about work. This then puts us firmly back into the 3-5km range of the CBD for our initial rental rather than thinking further afield, and then it looks like there is a whole lot of choice.

My brother also lives in Brisbane, and whilst we have no intention of camping on the doorstep, would like to be closer whilst we find our feet.

At the moment we are thinking Wilston / Newmarket for initial rental and then looking further afield as we are a bit more settled and ready to buy.

Cheers

Ferrets

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

To be honest there are so many suburbs within the 3-5kms range of the CBD that cover your requirements. Both Northern or Southern suburbs. Maybe look at New Farm, Teneriffe, Spring Hill Paddington, Auchenflower, Coorparoo, Norman Park, East Brisbane, West End. I could go on and on. Each of these are all great suburbs and would give you what you need. if you need how any further questions i'm happy to help.

hi, which of these suburbs would you say is the safest? and good primary catholic schools? hope you can help me as we are

moving at the end of the month and can only search online at the moment but need to decide on the suburb. with in 30 min travel time to stamford hotel. thank you