New Arrivals seek short term place to stay in Brisbane

AndrewW

Hi all,

my first post so hopefully it works!

My wife and I are shortly to arrive in Brisbane on PR visa's. Determined to make a success of our new home we have arranged to live with some really good friends of ours who already live in Taringa, figuring this gives us the best shot at settling in initially. We are replacing their current flat mate who moves out towards the end of September. Unfortunately we arrive on the 19th of August, leaving a bit of gap.

My post is really to ask, does anyone in Brisbane have any ideas on how we might do this? The idea of a holiday let seems to be a touch expensive. Perhaps some one has gone through this before or there might even be someone who is going back to the UK for the British Summer and needs someone to house sit?

All suggestions welcome!

cheers

andy

I can recommend this in the short term. We moved to Oz in July 2011 and we were in the same situation. We lived at the holiday cabin for near 2 months. It was perfect. Don't get me wrong, its not the Ritz Carlton, but covered our requirements perfectly and was the cheapest option. The cabin itself had 2 bedrooms, living room, and bathroom. Along with acess to pools and a restaurant. its about 10km from the CBD, but right next to the Westfield Garden City Shopping Centre. https://www.brisbaneholidayvillage.com.au/

• 2 weeks later...