Anyone moved from WA to Gold Coast or Brisbane

teejaygb

Hi everyone,

We moved from the UK to WA just over 6 years ago and settled in the Northern suburbs of Perth, Duncraig to be exact where we stayed for 3 years before making the move to the South West. It is lovely down here but can be boring with not a lot going on and I think the main reason I haven't settled is the lack of friends, and I hate to say it " English" people who actually are on the same wavelength as me, you know people who you can have a good old belly laugh with :-) I am not homesick that's for sure I haven't wanted to go back to the UK at all I love Australia and am proud to be a citizen I just want to feel settled.

Originally we had intended to go to Brisbane or Gold Coast but just after we had been sent for medicals there were major changes to visa processing times and SOL lists so we had to gain last minute State Sponsorship hence the reason we ended up in WA (somewhere we had never even visited before) !! Anyway back to my point, now after a couple more visits back to QLD on holidays I can't help thinking we should make the move again. WA is just so isolated and I just don't feel truly settled even after 6 years. Has anyone done the same ?? Thanks in advance :-)

• 3 weeks later...