Visa Been Granted! Young couple looking at moving to the Sunshine Coast

Ceri09

Hi everyone,

me and my fiancé have just been granted our visas to move to Queensland. We are on a regional visa which means we are limited to areas we can move to. Sunshine Coast is on our list of postcodes to choose from, and we are really liking the look of it out of all the others. I'm a hairdresser and he is a sports coach/personal trainer. We are looking at moving over end of September so we have plenty of time to sort things out. We need advise in pretty much everything, to rentals, to jobs, to cars, to banks. I know I have a lot of researching to do but any inside knowledge would be very much appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Ceri

Hi Ceri

The Sunshine coast is a really beautiful part of oz. There always seems to be hairdressing vacancies around, i know a personal friend who struggles to get decent hairdressers. There is a sunshine coast facebk page with loads of helpful people on there from the coast. We bank with the Commonwealth and find them really good. Cars are a lot cheaper than when we landed a few years ago so thats good. When you have done 3 posts you can private message me with any other questions you have, am happy to help with anything.

Anne marie :)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Ceri

Congrats! I am an Aussie living on the Sunshine Coast in Peregian Springs. There are always tonnes of hairdresser jobs in the area and tonnes of salons. There is a job site seek.com.au which lists vacancies. This area is also full of fitness freaks and there always seems to be a triathlon on every other weekend so I am sure your partner will find it easy to find work. Lots of PTs advertise on Gumtree and on the relevant Facebook page for each area, eg Coolum, Maroochydore, Mooloolaba, Noosa, Peregian Beach/Springs. Peregian Springs, where I live, is referred to as Little Britain which is pretty much the same for most of the coast. You will certainly not lack any Brit company! When looking for a rental look at realestate.com.au. You can search by map or by place name. Lots of rentals available so have fun looking.

if you have any more questions, feel free to ask. It is always so exciting moving somewhere else and the Sunshine Coast is beautiful.

Cheers

Heather

Edited by Monket

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

We have just been granted our visa's to and we are required to live in sunshine coast postcode area too. We are visiting to validate our Visas in May and are looking around the Maroochydore area. Im the same Ceri, we just dont know where to start with it all. Any advice would be gratfully appreciated :) Exciting Times x