mountains near brisbane

Guest Guest95262

Guest Guest95262

so I climbed flinders peak last weekend and it was such a great view so I am on the look out for more around brisbane, which give good views, thanks

so I climbed flinders peak last weekend and it was such a great view so I am on the look out for more around brisbane, which give good views, thanks

At the risk of stating the obvious, Mt Cootha.

If you're willing to go further afield, then the border with NSW has spectacular walks.

If you're northside, then the GlassHouse are always nice. If you're travelling south along the Bruce Highway into Brissie, jump off at Wild Horse lookout for a 30 diversion.

If you wanna head down Gold Coast... Tamborine is pretty great. Some nice places to stop on the way up.

Also up the Sunshine Coast there's the mountainous villages such as Maleny/Montville, that are worth a look, set in the mountainsides - nice atmosphere (though maybe not the kinda mountain stuff you're talking about!)

NSW - Mt Warning is a good one.

I'd love to go see The Blue Mountains some day.

Yes, Lamington National Park is lovely.

We go up to Mount Glorious regularly - some great views from there.

I've heard Mount Mee is nice but not been there.

We have walked up one of the Glasshouse mountains which was enjoyable.

Guest Guest95262

thanks, should have specified a mountain i can't drive up, its to depressing knowing i can just drive up, thanks for all the replies people

wiggles1, which route did you take with Flinders? 1st time over to SA we went with my brother who used to rock climb and he assured us the difficult route would not be a problem!! After an hour of near vertical climbing we gave up and headed back down.....pity as never got the view. Absolutely loved the walk, highly recommend a weekend or so there and like you will be looking to explore around Brisbane so keeping an eye on the responses.

S