Warning : Car Rentals

Blewyn

Not sure if this has become standard practice elsewhere but be warned if you rent a car from this lot they charge your card upfront and if you take it back early, they will NOT refund the difference - they keep your money and give you credit for future rentals. I got bitten badly because I rented for a month but took the car back after 2.5 weeks,,,,,,

Guest The Ropey HOFF

Also check the excess if you have a bump, when we checked the small print, the exceeds was $3,000 we gawped at that, so we paid another £100 pounds or so and it came down to $300.

Not sure if this has become standard practice elsewhere but be warned if you rent a car from this lot they charge your card upfront and if you take it back early, they will NOT refund the difference - they keep your money and give you credit for future rentals. I got bitten badly because I rented for a month but took the car back after 2.5 weeks,,,,,,

Always best to book it for less than you need

You can extend a car rental very easily

Like the hoff says read the small print

Edited by PontePom

Isn't that entirely normal?

Also check the excess if you have a bump, when we checked the small print, the exceeds was $3,000 we gawped at that, so we paid another £100 pounds or so and it came down to $300.

Yes I had the same experience. With the excess paid for, their prices were more or less the same as the internationals.....not sure if they pull the high excess trick though...