RSMS Visa Delay - South Australia?

taffordbark

We submitted our application in mid January under the rsms for adelaide in south Australia,I have been sponsored by a firm there and had until the 6th of February to submit my application due to other factors surrounding our family( sorry folks but dont wish to elaberate in an open forum). We recieved word back that they needed a couple of bits of further information and they had extended our deadline to the 27th of February, since then we havn't heard a snitch,we were hoping that we would get the visas within a week or so of the 27 of February,does any one know whether it is worth chasing with the case officer to see when we are likely to get them,we have had an offer on our house which we have accepted and are hoping to be gone by the middle of May but obviously we cant make plans without our visa.....help advice much needed

We sent our application for the 119 visa in January ,we recieved word from diac that they required further inf which was to be in by the 27th of February.We gathered the information together and it was sent well within time and thus far we have heard nothing,is it worth giving them a ring to see where we are up to? any comments gratefuly appreciated

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi Taffordbark

RSMS and ENS visas are supposed to be ultra fast tracked under the Ministerial Direction which took effect on 1st January 2009.

http://www.minister.immi.gov.au/media/media-releases/2008/changes-to-2008-09-skilled-migration-program.pdf

Please see Page 5 of the Media Release above.

The temporary subclass 457 employer-sponsored visa is not involved with the arrangements described in the Ministerial Direction. Any changes to the 457 visa program should not have any effect at all on the RSMS and ENS visas.

On 24th Feb significant Policy changes were announced in relation to the temporary 457 visa, however:

Agents Gateway

I think it is entirely possible that DIAC and/or the Regional Certifying Bodies have got themselves into a muddle with this, because I can understand how a clerical officer might think, "What's the difference between letting somebody in temporarily and letting them in permanently?" The difference is immense but civil service departments divide everything into such small cubby holes and then there is either inadequate or no communication between the cubby holes that:

"Send reinforcements, we're going to advance""

turns into

"Send three and fourpence, we're going to a dance."

I would not be AT ALL surprised if something like this has happened because I wondered about it when I read about the 457 Policy changes.

The question is how do you find out whether this is what has caused an apparent Gordian Knot? and

If it has caused a Gordian Knot then how do you cut it?

Obviously urgent discussion with your CO would be worthwhile to find out whether the logjam is at DIAC's end or whether DIAC still need anything either from your employer or from the Regional Certifying Body in SA.

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 119/857)

Regional Certifying Bodies

Regional Sponsored Migration Scheme (Subclass 119/857)

I don't know the procedures or which documents have to go where but the link above should reveal.

Centres of Excellence

Looks like Melbourne should be dealing with this?

Please let me know how you get on and meanwhile I will send you a PM with a bit more info that might help.

Best wishes

Gill

PS - As we have both started threads on the same topic I have merged the threads.

Archived