Parent Contributory Visa (143) Visa Costs

watneyni

Welcome all and thank you for reading this post...

we seem to be getting some conflicting info on Visa Costs so perhaps you guys can help?.

My parents want to move to Oz. Therefore, is the total main cost of the visa (as per Immigration site is 1st instalment $1420 2nd instalment $32 725

plus aos bond of AUD 14,000 plus other misc stuff like police checks, meds etc,

Are these prices for one parent or both?

Thank Nick

Guest donovan

Hiya NIck although my mother & father in law have been accepted on the PCV i an not really remember what they payed. Gill Gollywobbler is the pest person to speak to on this.

here is a link for Parent Migration Booklet

Hppe this helps

Sarah x

Sarah, thanks for your help...

Unfortunately, my wife will not go to Aus without her parents staying there (or for extended periods) so puts me on a sticky Wicket as my in-laws cannot afford the 74, 595 plus 14,000 bond for the Visa.

Are there any other options for my in-laws (i think the 103 is not a real option?) or how flexible is the tourist visa for extended stays?

My father in-law is a skilled IT worker but both are aged 60

Any ray of light would be appreciated.

Thanks

Nick x

Unfortunately, my wife will not go to Aus without her parents staying there (or for extended periods) so puts me on a sticky Wicket as my in-laws cannot afford the 74, 595 plus 14,000 bond for the Visa.

Are there any other options for my in-laws (i think the 103 is not a real option?) or how flexible is the tourist visa for extended stays?

Thanks

Nick x

Sorry I cant help but am in the same situation, so hard to go without my parents but just so expensive for them to get a visa. Not sure about extended tourist visa though, maybe someone can help, good luck with everything, Amanda

Thanks

Nick x

My parents came here every year for 6 months on a tourist visa when they retired and did so for 15 years. They had the most amazing retirement - come here, summer, play golf, have farewell parties, go home, summer, play golf, have farewell parties, come here, summer ..... They never had any problems at all. What they did was to build a granny flat on our block, they bought a car (which we got to use in the off season), they travelled all over Australia to visit friends and golf courses. They did that until they were 80 and then decided the tripping was just a tad too much for them. Of course they didnt need to work and couldnt work here but dad did some voluntary work in between his rounds of golf. It was their decision not to emigrate here even though I am their only child. At the end of the day, they loved their adventure but wanted to end their days in "their" place. They certainly dont like UK winters (at 85 no one wants to go out and play golf with you when it is minus 7) but now they have the occasional pleasure of the company of their eldest grandson who decided that his options were better in UK and has emigrated back again so they arent missing out entirely and I go home every year to see them for about a month. This time I am taking the other son, his partner and their only gt granddaughter for the month (that will be interesting:wacko:)

So there are alternatives if the inlaws fancy that kind of lifestyle.

Guest Gollywobbler

Hello Nick

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

My parents want to move to Oz. Therefore, is the total main cost of the visa (as per Immigration site is 1st instalment $1420 2nd instalment $32 725

plus aos bond of AUD 14,000 plus other misc stuff like police checks, meds etc,

$1,420 covers both Parents

$14,000 covers both Parents ($10K for the main applicant, $4K for the other.)

$32,725 is per Parent so you need to double it.

What is the situation, Nick? What sort of timescale are we talking about, please?

Unfortunately, my wife will not go to Aus without her parents staying there (or for extended periods)

Do you and your wife already have Permanent Residency visas for Oz or have you yet to apply for them, even?

I think it is necessary to discover more about the facts - particularly your own - before it would be possible to try to formulate any sort of a viable plan.

Best wishes

Gill

Thanks Gill,

Both my wife and I are non residents in Oz. From the UK, I will be applying for a 176 skilled visa in IT (been informed i qualify). My wife and family will arrive in OZ on the back of this.

I have not yet started this process off as I wanted to get all the figures roughly sorted first for myself and inlaws.

Once we get the 176 visa (in 12 - 16 months) , the plan is to move to sydney and then after 2 years (to qualify for the PCV 864 ) get the in laws, who will already be on tourist visa, to apply for an onshore aged PCV 864 allowing them to live in OZ while the visa is processed.

Naturally that was the plan until we found out about the cost of the Visa!!!

To clarify, the cost of the pcv visa would be 74,595 plus returnable bond of 14,000. Is there any other major Visa costs that iare associated with this?

Thanks again and appreciate your interest and help :-)

Nick x

Hello Nick

Welcome to Poms in Oz.

$1,420 covers both Parents

$14,000 covers both Parents ($10K for the main applicant, $4K for the other.)

$32,725 is per Parent so you need to double it.

What is the situation, Nick? What sort of timescale are we talking about, please?

Do you and your wife already have Permanent Residency visas for Oz or have you yet to apply for them, even?

I think it is necessary to discover more about the facts - particularly your own - before it would be possible to try to formulate any sort of a viable plan.

Best wishes

Gill

Archived