Buying second hand furniture in Melbourne

Guest TRACEY & PETER

Guest TRACEY & PETER

Does anyone know if they have papers with classified section for second hand furniture

And is there any sencond hand markets shops in and around melbourne

Any info would be great

Guest kinglouis
Does anyone know if they have papers with classified section for second hand furniture

Any info would be great

Hi not sure where abouts you ara in Melbourne, But you should check out the leader news paper with regards to garage sales, it may be worth a look, also trash and treasure sales which is like our car boot sales. There is also Ikea in Richmond which is very cheap for all your basics. hope that helps you out a little

Cheers

Sean & Caz:biglaugh:

Guest Bella30

Any info would be great

Hi Tracey and Peter,

There is a newspaper called the Trading post which i think comes out every Thursday at the Newsagents. It has a great variety of secondhand furniture for sale.

Hope this helps.

Hi there! There are 2 great second hand shops in Hoppers Crossing - a Salvation Army store and a Vinnies. One is in Elm Park Drive. If you go to that one, they'll direct you to the other, which is very close by, I just can't remember the name of the drive it's on off the top of my head.

More centrally, the Prahan end of Chapel Street is full of second hand furniture and "vintage" shops but they tend to be over-priced by comparison.

There is also a Brotherhood of St. Lawrence shop on the Geelong Road. All these places are worth but you need to go often to eventually find a diamond in the rubble!

Ebay is also worth checking out - it's a very bouyant market in Melbourne for everything!

Nelson

Archived