How long for a Sponsored 457 Visa?

Guest Johnthepom

Guest Johnthepom

Hi everyone,

I am waiting on a 457 Visa and wonder how long these can take to be granted.

I am told by my sponsoring company that our medicals and X-Rays have been cleared (Last one processed 11/1/08) and that some time before that the sponsorship was approved.

My company advised they expected the visas to be issued within days or at the most a week after the medicals and X-Rays were done but we still haven't heard anything.

Anyone out there that is on a 457 have any idea how long it could take?

At the minute, we have finished work in the UK, cleared the house of rubbish and junk (well nearly) and just waiting to instruct Removals and Shipping to be able to book flights.

All just hanging on the issue of the Visas:skeptical:

The Carrolls (Hoping to be in Melbourne very soon)

Guest dizzy blonde

Hi, see our timeline below it didn't take very long at all. I would expect you to hear anytime soon. Good Luck

Lynne

Guest Gollywobbler

Hi John

Because of the Summer Hols in Australia, DIAC have been working at less than full strength in all their offices since just before Christmas, with half the normal complement of staff on annual leave etc.

I think the schools in Australi have either just begun the new term or are just about to. Things at DIAC should therefore get back to normal speed within the next couple of weeks.

It is a bit like August in the UK - difficult to get hold of anybody in the Civil Service during August.

Cheers

Gill

We heard about three weeks after our meds were approved and via our sponsors as we actually didn't have any contact at all with DIAC, even though we checked our emails daily for contact and were paranoid that we'd missed that all important call. The sponsor just emailed us to say that we'd been approved and we could now book our flights and emailed us the visa electronically. There was a back log at the time as well so fingers crossed that you hear very very soon.

Hi

Our application for a 457 was submitted on the 22nd Nov and we received the visa today - 31st Jan. Understand that there is a backlog but they knew I was due to start work on Monday 4th Feb. Talk about cutting it fine!

David

Guest annawavellsmith

Hi John,

I was hoping you might be able to tell me how you found an employer to sponsor you. Did you register with an agency, approach Australia employers directly. My English boyfriend is trying to come over to OZ he is a CIMA qualified accountant working at Citigroup. Wants to come over on 457 visa asap. Any advice you could give me would be fantastic!

Thanks Anna

• 5 months later...
Guest Nasir79

Hi

My sponsor lodge e-457 application on 14th July, 08; it has been told after 2 days to complete 1121 form for internal checks by immigration. Anybody knows how long this internal checks take; I am from South Asia.

Archived