Why bricklayers on the skill shortage list?

shazney64

Help

I need data on why there is a demand for Bricklayers in Aus and why the prospects are better than in UK?

What is the sustainability of Trade etc....

Does anyone know a Government website?

I know a weird request

Many thanks

sharon:GEEK:

Guest billy braveheart

There is a demand in oz because ehh theres not enough brickies for the ammount of work being done.same as every other trade on the list quite logical when you think about it

prospects are probably better because its more than likely tradesmen doing the work in oz and not some jumped up labourer(no offence) or eastern european with no qualifications claiming to be a tradesman with a trowel as we have here in the uk

Guest Laura G

Hi Sharon,

This is not going to be of a great help as I cannot remember all the details!!!!!

Last year a newspaer which is local to the Sunshine Coast ran a story about Bricklayers on the Sunshine Coast, QLD. Queensland is booming at the moment and was the only state last year to show growth. The story was about Bricklayers earning $1200.00 dollars a day and that they were so in demand that they had work to last them for ages. Bricklaying is in high demand and Colleges are now running courses open to International Students to learn Bricklaying for 2 years, which they then get a Trade certificate, so that they can apply for PR, as they then get the extra points for studying in Australia and work experience in Australia. If anyone is interested in learning a Trade in Australia that can lead to PR have a look at THIS IS AUSTRALIA

Career One always has a listing of jobs for Bricklayers, the demand for Bricklayers does vary from State to State

Personal message with me if you want to with your E-mail address or fax number and if anything comes up (im on the Gold Coast) I would be happy yo send you a copy of anything that comes up in the local paper or if I find anything else out.

Hi Andrew thanks exactly what i was looking for, big help thanks again.

Im thinking and hoping if i find on our local website that the job prospects are lower will have a better chance.

We are hoping for the New South Wales area.

thanks again

sharon

Guest Kim Hunter

Hello all,

There's a shortage of skilled tradespersons in Australia, brickies included that's why they're on the MODL.

If you have qualifications and/or experience (6 years+ if no quals), then come on down we need you, lots of work.

Regards,

Guest oz migration

Hi Sharon

The two booming states for brick layers are indeed Qld and Western Australia (WA). If you need more information you might want to check this site and write to them asking for what you need : Home is the federal association for the trade in Australia.

If you need some more help either e mail or go to my website as detailed below and join using the Professions in Demand (Others) and use the information within 'Useful links' etc.

Regards

Chris

• 3 years later...
Guest Francescoco

Hi yall!,

I was doing research on the demand for bricklayers and i am quite happy with the shortage. I will be starting a trade in bricklaying in september of 2011. I plan on finishing 8 months later and come and work in Australia and hopefully settle and live there. I also have a bachelor in history and i am absolutely fascinated by the landscaping. I hope one day to visit "airs rock" and the aboriginals in the outback. One question, how does one apply to work in Australia? Where do i go for the papers if i live in Montreal Canada?

:cool: Francesco

Hi yall!,

I was doing research on the demand for bricklayers and i am quite happy with the shortage. I will be starting a trade in bricklaying in september of 2011. I plan on finishing 8 months later and come and work in Australia and hopefully settle and live there. I also have a bachelor in history and i am absolutely fascinated by the landscaping. I hope one day to visit "airs rock" and the aboriginals in the outback. One question, how does one apply to work in Australia? Where do i go for the papers if i live in Montreal Canada?

:cool: Francesco

8 months? it's actually at least 3 year is what you need.

Archived