457 visa (employer closing his business)

suhas

HI fnds am new to forums i recently got 457 visa granted 8months ago now the problem is my employer is selling his business. I applied lot of jobs in seek finally i got one job offer in regional victoria and selected for the job.But the problem is my new employer told he will only offer RSMS visa after 3months prohib period. What shd i do???? i have 1 to 2 months time with my old employer on 457visa....any suggestions please

You won't be able to work or another employer unless you find someone else to take over your 457 visa. How old are you? As if you are 18-30 you could apply for a working holiday visa just to keep it safe until you find another employer. Good luck

Transferring a 457 to another employer is much easier than getting it in the first place. I would ask them if they are willing to do that. If they can't meet the criteria for the 457 then they are unlikely to for the rsms visa (wages being one exception).

HI fnds am new to forums i recently got 457 visa granted 8months ago now the problem is my employer is selling his business. I applied lot of jobs in seek finally i got one job offer in regional victoria and selected for the job.But the problem is my new employer told he will only offer RSMS visa after 3months prohib period. What shd i do???? i have 1 to 2 months time with my old employer on 457visa....any suggestions please

Ask the new employer for a 457 visa? Obviously you need to explain to them that you cannot work for them on probation without a visa..

HI blossom79 thanks for ur reply well my new employer already told they cannot do 457 visa because of the new rules. As am in touch with them since two weeks am asking them arrange all documents for RSMS VISA. If i apply rsms visa with them how many days would it take to open and mean while can i start working with them or not? or will i loose my work rights if apply for rsms visa with my new employer???

Hi Rupert am already in discussing the current situation with them but they told will give all documents for RSMS visa and just thinking do i loose any work rights if apply for these visa or should i wait till the result of the visa without working???

You will not be able to work for them until the rsms is granted. They advertise six months, but many people have been waiting for over a year.

I would be VERY worried if they say they can not sponsor for the 457. If they can't do that then they are unlikely to be able to for rsms.

Personally I would pay for a good migration agent (George Lombard or go Matilda are very good) and see what they can do.