kids joining the scouts - how much?

chiara

I thought my boys would love the scouts, my brothers belonged to them growing up in the UK and loved it. I've contacted our local group and they want 350 dollars a year per kid membership. I checked on the UK website where it costs 21 pounds! How can that be?

My son was in the scouts here up until a year ago, it was $160 ish insurance, then $8 per night. You paid for the camps and activities as they went on them , prices varied from $10- $25 . Uniform was bought from the official scout supplier (in my case in Brisbane) at your own cost.

Id ring around some more scout groups, or get a run down of the $350, maybe it includes all activites etc..

Hope this helps

Cal x

Thanks, yes I will. To be honest, I didn't even mind paying it only they are insisting on it all up front and when i pointed out that I have 3 boys (plus a girl who wants to join the guides), it is rather a lot to pay up front. They did say they sometimes 'assist' families in difficulty, which just made me annoyed because we're not in difficulty, we just don't have over a thousand bucks to trump up for a kids activity.