Statutory declaration / letter of invitation tourist visa

mlsdq

hi guys,

i just need your advise.

DIAC said:

If visiting family or friends, a letter of invitation from a relative or friend can be written for the applicant. The invitation letter serves to support the applicants' genuine tourist intentions and should be provided in the form of a statutory declaration found at http://www.ag.gov.au/www/agd/agd.nsf/Page/Statutory_declaration

The invitation letter should include the following information:

*relationship to the applicant;

*purpose and period of stay;

*whether the applicant will be staying with the invitee and if so, evidenced by a certified copy of lease agreement or title deeds and;

*whether the invitee will be financially supporting the applicants' stay, evidenced by a certified copy of a bank statement showing sufficient funds for the proposed period of stay.

My boyfriend made a simple letter that contains the following in RED, printed in a piece of paper and signed it. But based from whats being said by DIAC, the said LETTER OF INVITATION is in a form of the STATUTORY DECLARATION template?

Whats the diff between the two? and do we need to submit them? or which one is right?

Your help is highly appreciated

Thanks

Guest VickyMel

Not totally sure but I think that the difference is that the statutory declaration form is only valid when written in Oz?

When we had to get letters written by friends we got them to write the letter (they did not use the form) with the similar wording as is in the statutory declaration. Some of them got their signatures witnessed by people eligible to certify documents in their country - some didn't.

Good luck

Vicky

hi vickymel,

i sent an enquiry and they replied

Dear Client,

Thank you for your correspondence.

If visiting family or friends, a letter of invitation from a relative or friend can be written for the applicant. The invitation letter serves to support the applicants' genuine tourist intentions and should be provided in the form of a statutory declaration found at http://www.ag.gov.au/www/agd/agd.nsf/Page/Statutory_declaration (that is, the invitation letter should be written on a statutory declaration template and then certified).

maybe this is their new policy? coz my friends who went there didnt use this template also. thanks so much for sharing your experience! :hug:

:)