renewal of sub class 457 visa

Guest dholden

Guest dholden

Hi Guys,

I'm struggling to find information (from IMMI or otherwise) about renewing my 457 visa. My circumstances have not changed, i.e. same job, same employer. Can anyone point me in the right direction for information regarding this.

Thanks,

Dan

You will have to lodge a new visa application.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/how-to-apply.htm

Depending on how long you have had your 457, your employer will probably need to lodge a new nomination (nominations are only valid for 1 year) and they may also need to apply again to be a sponsor (sponsorship approval is only valid for 3 years).

If your occupation is on the ENSOL and if your employer is willing and able to meet the conditions, have you considered applying for a permanent 856 visa? 856s don't expire and you'll have PR.

Guest dholden
You will have to lodge a new visa application.

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/how-to-apply.htm

Depending on how long you have had your 457, your employer will probably need to lodge a new nomination (nominations are only valid for 1 year) and they may also need to apply again to be a sponsor (sponsorship approval is only valid for 3 years).

If your occupation is on the ENSOL and if your employer is willing and able to meet the conditions, have you considered applying for a permanent 856 visa? 856s don't expire and you'll have PR.

Thanks for the response,

I suspected as much but I haven't found anything on the IMMI site that states this. Do you have a source for your information, specifically the 1yr validity of nominations and 3yr sponsorships?

I've currently got a 175 (independent) visa in the pipeline, hence why I need to renew my 457.

Thanks,

Dan

Thanks for the response,

I suspected as much but I haven't found anything on the IMMI site that states this. Do you have a source for your information, specifically the 1yr validity of nominations and 3yr sponsorships?

I've currently got a 175 (independent) visa in the pipeline, hence why I need to renew my 457.

Thanks,

Dan

The link I gave you in my first post tells you that you have to apply for a new visa if your old one expires.

See Validity Periods on the following. Just below that, it also says that you need to apply for a new visa when the old one expires:

http://www.immi.gov.au/skilled/skilled-workers/sbs/how-the-visa-works.htm