Brisbane Office Hours

Guest coltb1

Guest coltb1

Hi

We are visiting Brisbane in late March and checking out a few areas. Will probably post again about suburbs but the question of the day is: Anyone work in an office in Brisbane? I am a legal secretary and am wondering about flexible working hours. The reason I ask is that the sun sets quite early and I would ideally like to start earlier and leave earlier so that I can spend a few hours in the sun before it sets with my daughter/husband! I have googled but no luck with finding out what hours people work.

Thanks

Guest coltb1

Thanks - hmmm. Guess I will have to get used to early nights and get up at the crack of dawn to make up for it! Will check out your site about short-term accommodation. Might need it when we actually move!

As its says above most offices do the same 9-5 although some do start at 8am and finish slightly earlier, see whats on offer and if you cant get an early start straight away maybe proove yourself for a few weeks and ask for an earleir start /finish. You can only ask.lol.

Cal x

The tradies tend to start very early and finish around 2.30........but office hours are similar to the UK. That said, it really depends on the company as to what they will allow you to do. If there is no particular reason for you to be in the office at the same time as others, then they may be happy to let you be more flexible with your hours.

Good luck!!!

Love

Rudi

x