dog blood test

Guest bendeeg

Guest bendeeg

hi all,

we are trying to get a plan together for a time to go to oz but does anyone no how long before do dogs have to have blood test done is it something i can do a few months before or is it much longer and how long to the results last? we will need to sale house so it hard trying to get all the bit sorted at the same time. any info would be great thanks dee

Guest Guest31881
hi all,

we are trying to get a plan together for a time to go to oz but does anyone no how long before do dogs have to have blood test done is it something i can do a few months before or is it much longer and how long to the results last? we will need to sale house so it hard trying to get all the bit sorted at the same time. any info would be great thanks dee

Hi, I don't know the rules, but here is a link where it has been discussed before....

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/news-gossip-chat/48360-has-anyones-dog-failed-thier-blood-test.html

Hope it helps

hi all,

Just make sure your dog does not have the lepto vaccine in its annual vaccination , because this will cause it to fail the blood test and you have to have another one 2 weeks later and it passes ( money racket) It can be done near to your departure and pet travel arranged ( expensive)

Guest kate1973

Start vaccinating 7-8 months before you leave. I had to vaccinate 2 of my dogs twice against Rabies as the first time the level of the anti-rabies was not high enough. Good luck:)

Guest bendeeg

hi kate, i didnt thing they had to be tested for rabies because we dont have it in uk?? my dogs have the pet passport so already have the rabies vac but the companyi was going to go with said the passport made no differance im totally confused ahhhh xx

Guest kate1973

I live in the Netherlands, but think the procedure is the same. I think it will be best to phone a pet travel company like Par Air, they will be able to explain the exact procedure. Where are you guys heading to?

Guest bendeeg

lol.....sorry kate i thought you was in uk!! we are heading to brisbane so the dogs will have to stay at sydney and then fligh again up to us. have you done the move yet or waiting to go??

Hi there

It's not rabies they are looking for it's lepto spirosis I think, our dogs were due their annual dog vaccs in the feb and we were leaving in the Jan so I was hoping their bloods would be clear as it had been so long since having their vaccs, one dog was clear the other had to have a test twice to show the level was the same and not an indication of the disease. In the uk we vaccinate against what they are looking for in the blood tests so it's a bit backwards really because of course it's going to show up in their blood!!! You have to use a company there is no other way to do it and they will give you a schedule when things need to be done. It's a lot to coordinate but you will get there x x

Archived