Transporting a big nervous dog back home...

Tommoclaire

Hi everyone, this is my first post in here. I hope you can help to put my mind at ease. :)

We are due to go back to the U.K. this November and have adopted a rescue dog (big staffy/bull Arab cross) while we have been living here in Sydney. (Was only supposed to foster but we fell in love with him!)

i am wondering if anyone can share their experiences of transporting an older (9 years) dog back to the U.K. Or if any one has transported a nervous dog before. This will be my first time transporting a dog overseas and I'm a little worried as it's such a long flight and he is a big sook.

I've asked for a number of quotes from different carriers, if anyone can recommend a particularly amazing one I'd love to hear!

Thank you all in advance!

We recently transported our dog, who although very small is also very nervous and gets scared of his own shadow. He was fine and other than a bot of jet lag had no bad affect. We also used Dogtainers who were wonderful and kept us very reassured all the way.

Just a couple of things to be aware of, if he is bull dog faced - snub nose, there are restrictions on flying but dogtainers will go through that. The other thing is to check how he looks in comparison to breeds that are banned in the UK such as pitbulls. If he resembles anything like that, then you need advice

Thank you for your replies!

Verystormy, I am currently looking into the legislation as it seems they U.K. have sneaked a few new breeds in there without telling anyone under the 'pit bull' umbrella. (It isn't even on the gov website!) Lucky for us Buster has a longer nose etc and I'm planning to get him assessed before I book anything.

I'm glad to hear your nervous dog travelled well. Thank you for your help.

Our Shar Pei will come out of quarantine on Sunday from news we have has of him he has travelled well and it was me who has worried as he has never been crated before let alone in kennels

I think Bull Arabs could be banned from the UK I would check that out in full

At least if you get him to the UK there is no quarantine so basically its 24 something hours then you have him back -good luck

Hi everyone, this is my first post in here. I hope you can help to put my mind at ease. :)

We are due to go back to the U.K. this November and have adopted a rescue dog (big staffy/bull Arab cross) while we have been living here in Sydney. (Was only supposed to foster but we fell in love with him!)

i am wondering if anyone can share their experiences of transporting an older (9 years) dog back to the U.K. Or if any one has transported a nervous dog before. This will be my first time transporting a dog overseas and I'm a little worried as it's such a long flight and he is a big sook.

I've asked for a number of quotes from different carriers, if anyone can recommend a particularly amazing one I'd love to hear!

Thank you all in advance!

Hi Guys,

Happy to help out with a quote if you need it, 1300 13 52 52 and you will go through to one of our 14 offices in Australia or NZ.

Best Regards

Mick

Thank you for your replies!

Verystormy, I am currently looking into the legislation as it seems they U.K. have sneaked a few new breeds in there without telling anyone under the 'pit bull' umbrella. (It isn't even on the gov website!) Lucky for us Buster has a longer nose etc and I'm planning to get him assessed before I book anything.

I'm glad to hear your nervous dog travelled well. Thank you for your help.

We have been looking at taking a dog over but this pit bull "resemblance " thing is not good, plenty of good advice here for you here regarding transportation etc if you could put a post back here if and when you land that would be very helpful regarding are decision. Cheers.