Shar Pei Travels ?

Patphillips47

We intend to take our Shar Pei to Oz next year but have just found out Emirates won't fly him until October 1st or after because he is a Brachileptic snub nose breed Seemingly Qantas is trialing flights with a short stopover until February 2016 but then it's a question mark if they will continue We were hoping he could go around July time now in a bit of a quandary Has anyone else come across this situation

It will apply to all dogs of that type, the snub nosed breeds. And its stinking hot in Dubai in the summer and so their reasons are as I understand it for the animals welfare.

Have you considered other airlines and routes to fly him? Or flying him later after you have arrived in Aus?

I'd go give Bob at Pet Air a shout on here in their section of the forum to discuss perhaps? Here is the link to his section.

http://www.pomsinoz.com/forum/shipping-pets-ask-pet-air/

He knows the ins and outs of the routes and options so would be a good starting point.

Thanks for that I have checked all of his tests etc out and he should be able to fly mid April - the cut off for Emirates is 30th April so his tests do make him eligible within that time frame phew Thinking now we will ship him ahead of us and my son can look after him There really isn't any other route for some reason Singapore has been closed off and Qantas will fly through Dubai but they are only doing a trial until February and it's not known if they will continue

• 2 weeks later...

The airline that you would need to look at using for your pet is Qantas. This is a very popular route for the snubbed nosed breeds over to Australia and see it running for the foreseeable future. Qantas do not have temperature restrictions in place so you would be able to fly your Sharpei at any time of the year.

If you haven't already and would like a quote please do contact us on 01725 551124 or visit our website http://www.petairuk.com where you can request a quote from us.