Off he goes

JULIE RYCROFT

OK so here we go, we have dropped our Rhodesian Ridgeback (Mason) off at the shipping company Golden Arrow today, he will spend 4 days there and will leave for Sydney quarantine on Monday night. We are worried sick about him, he was howling before we left (so was my OH). We will see him in 16 days when he is flown back to us in Perth on the 12th of September. Please give us some good endings to help us through this

Mine are off the other way on Wednesday. They fly on thursday and I pick them up 4 hours after they land - thank god for no quarantine.

When we brought one here it was 3 months!

Aw...

Just try and think of the pleasure you will have when you do the pick up at Perth airport. An amazing feeling.

Went thru it a few years back with my labs. Wow, when they came out of the building, seeing them again. Was magical:wubclub:.

They did have a longer separation than yours, so were a tad confused by it all, but came right after a couple of weeks.

We too used Golden Arrow, used to have lovely nightly conversations with staff their, while ours were waiting to fly. I would say your fur baby is in safe hands.

Hope the time goes quick for you.

Our cats arrived last week -shipped via Golden Arrow. They will look after your dog wonderfully and he will be here before you know it. Judging by our cats I think I was more traumatised than them! Focus on buying bits and pieces for his arrival.

We used Golden Arrow on one of our moves, cats boarded there for maybe ten days before they flew. They were great during this time and everything went smoothly, my only chagrin was I thought the container was a bit too small compared to one we had used on another move.

My quarantine time was horrible to be honest, the cats did not like that at all, but it was thirty days back then and of course they had done ten days before travel as well. I am sure that ten days would not have been an issue.

Most pets come out of quarantine with no ill effects at all and collection day is quite simply the most exciting and best day you will have during your first few weeks.

Very encouraging to hear - my two cats will fly in the end of September and I am really nervous, as I am organizing everything myself.

Question - did you put liquid absorbing pads at the bottom of their pet carrier? I would think that cats are too anxious to make a mess but mine will be on a 16 hours non-stop flight. I was just wondering what do.

Very encouraging to hear - my two cats will fly in the end of September and I am really nervous, as I am organizing everything myself.

Question - did you put liquid absorbing pads at the bottom of their pet carrier? I would think that cats are too anxious to make a mess but mine will be on a 16 hours non-stop flight. I was just wondering what do.

We have moved pets internationally four times now. We have never been involved in the preparation of their travelling crates. But they do always appear to arrive spotless somehow.

Yes, if you used pet shipping company they take care of that. For us, by the time we started thinking about contacting such company most of the work was done and we decided to go on with the rest of the preparation. It turned out to be a structured process and it was like arranging this and that for your own kinds. :smile: