Moving Pet Back to the UK

Wilson26

I am moving back to the UK in July and after doing so much research I have a headache, I still do not know which Pet Travel Company to go with.

Dogtainers is coming out the cheapest, and Jet Pets have been the most helpful. But to be honest I need to know which is the most trusting to leave my Pet with and to trust with all the paper work, etc.

Any advice or experiences would really be appreciated. :-)

Emma2 i will keep you updated - I spoke to animal travel yesterday and the lady was lovely and the quote was reasonable (although my dogo only weighs 2kg). But I can't find any reviews on them at all.

Thankyou for the advise about PetAir - I contacted them but they said they would recommend using an Australia based company. Did you move your chi to Australia from the UK? How did she cope with the flight? I am worrying myself silly!

Hi Wilson26,

Thanks for that. We brought our two dogs out here four years ago and they were absolutely fine. I was worried sick about them travelleling and then they had to do 30 days in quarantine too but they were absolutely fine. I paid someone to visit them as soon as they arrived and they seemed really happy and relaxed and when we got them home they settled really quickly. I think that in relative terms they are not in transit for that long, bearing in mind that they sleep a lot and once they see you again at Heathrow all will be forgiven!!

Emma

Thank you Emma :-) I'm relieved to hear it went well for you even with the quarantine. So lucky that UK don't require it. Did they have to have rabies jabs too? I am hoping she will sleep through like you say, I will be on the same flight and definetly won't be getting any sleep! Will let you know how it goes with Animal Travel.

• 2 months later...

Hi Tia

I am moving my chi back to the uk today - she has gone with Animal Travel International. The quote was done by size as it depends on the size of the crate they need to use. She will arrive back in the uk on the same flight as me tomorrow and I have to wait 4 hours to collect her.

Will let let you know how it goes. The company have been really helpful - just hoping she gets back safe !

Hi Tia

I am moving my chi back to the uk today - she has gone with Animal Travel International. The quote was done by size as it depends on the size of the crate they need to use. She will arrive back in the uk on the same flight as me tomorrow and I have to wait 4 hours to collect her.

Will let let you know how it goes. The company have been really helpful - just hoping she gets back safe !

Can you tell us how much it cost?

• 5 weeks later...

We have paid just over $6000 for 2 large dogs with JetPets. They have been really good. Includes everything at the other as well. WE also had the travel crates delivered 5 weeks before they travel so they get used to them. One is 10 and the other is 3. We are of course anxious but we have everything crossed. They leave about 6 hours before us next week and arrive at the same time into Manchester. As has been said they do sleep most of the time.

Hi, we were told we had to arrive 5 days either side of the dogs. Its a new rule apparently and some companies are not fully aware. Something to do with whether they pets are classed as pets or commercial. Can make it more expensive. JetPets offer 1 nights free board, which we accepted. Allows us to get the house cleared without them around etc. You need to check with the shippers re the rules on your arrival and the pets into the UK.

I am using Jet Pets in 3 1/2 weeks time for my 2 labs. We have the crates here too but they wont go any where near them!

I should find out the itinerary today as I am going Qantas with 2 stops and I think the pups are going Thai with one. I will let you know how it goes.